• Registered
Hello
I'm new to this, just trying to find out where I stand.
I applied for DLA for my 4 year old son in October 2010, it was turned down. I appealed against it and attended the tribunal yesterday. They have overturned the decision of DWP and awarded my son middle rate care with backdating to Oct 2010.
My dilema is that I know there is a disability premium for tax credits if awarded MRC. When I applied for DLA I was receiving a small amount of child tax credit, however when HMRC changed the earning thresholds this year we no longer qualify. So should DWP have awarded me MRC from the start I would have been entitled to the disability premium from Oct 2010 to April 2011. I rang Tax Credits yesterday to explain and they have sent my query off somewere within the dept but the person I spoke to came across asthough I had no chance of getting the money I should be entitled to. I did ring Tax Credits back in Oct 2010 to tell them about the DLA applicaion. Got a feeling they're just going to fob me off.

• Established member
(11-12-2011, 08:29 PM)louised Wrote: Hello
I'm new to this, just trying to find out where I stand.
I applied for DLA for my 4 year old son in October 2010, it was turned down. I appealed against it and attended the tribunal yesterday. They have overturned the decision of DWP and awarded my son middle rate care with backdating to Oct 2010.
My dilema is that I know there is a disability premium for tax credits if awarded MRC. When I applied for DLA I was receiving a small amount of child tax credit, however when HMRC changed the earning thresholds this year we no longer qualify. So should DWP have awarded me MRC from the start I would have been entitled to the disability premium from Oct 2010 to April 2011. I rang Tax Credits yesterday to explain and they have sent my query off somewere within the dept but the person I spoke to came across asthough I had no chance of getting the money I should be entitled to. I did ring Tax Credits back in Oct 2010 to tell them about the DLA applicaion. Got a feeling they're just going to fob me off.

My dilema is that I know there is a disability premium for tax credits if awarded MRC

well done on winning your tribunal they should back date it if not i would take them to tribunal as well go and get advice , but to me if dla is back dated then that should be as well

this just my own appoinen and hope you get it sorted let us know how you get on

mandy