• Established member
Hi there everyone, just wondered if anyone could recommend a good car seat. Our little boy is 3.5 years old but quite tall. He is still in a standard britax baby recliner car seat. Due to his weight and length i am struggling to lift him in and out of the car as the car seat is a bucket style. The problem we have samuel has little body control. so he needs very good support. I have been looking for ages but just do not know what to do. Whether to buy a cheap standard one and see if i can manage or is it worth looking at the disabled car seats. If anyone could give me some advice please x x x

• Registered
Becuse off there age ur safest bit is a disabled carseat they are very overpriced but you can get charities to help with the cost, x

• Established member
I can't really offer any advice from personal experience, as I'm in a similar position myself. I've just started looking for a new seat for my daughter. The November issue of My Child and Me has an article and reviews of a whole selection of car seats if thats any help.

• VIP
Windmill special needs company just provided ours, a recaro, it cost £1600, however Newlife charity paid for it with the exception of a £50 deposit.
Excellent seat with support and it swivels so that we don't have to lift our boy so far, he'll do a demo for you and an individual quote and he will fit too. He will also recomend something he knows about but doesn't sell if he thinks thats best. He'll tell you where to find etc.
Newlife base their grants on child need not parental income, so they are fairly quick with their decision. I did an over the phone interview about my son and his needs and only had to give an income bracket. I would recomend Smile
Hope this helps
Maria.

• Established member
Thanks maria for that advice.
very helpful.
cheers elaine