• Registered
Hi I'm new to this forum,

My son who is 2.5yrs old has recntly been dx with CP (lowered tone, lax ligaments and hypermobility). He is a big boy (has been since birth) and weighs over 15kg (standard max weight for majority of pushchairs), he is also tall and quite broad shouldered. Therefore he is too big and heavy for your standard strollers or pushchairs. Mothercare do not sell a single pushchair apart from the phil and teds and maclaren major which would take his weight. The maclaren major is unsuitable for him as it doesn't have any sort of recline. Oh should add, he usually falls asleep in a buggy.

The phil and teds is pricey so I may as well get a special needs buggy which will last him. Plus I don't want tyres that are capable of getting punctures. I originally had a my3 which kept getting punctures (my son outgrew it at 18months old).

I would like to know what pushchair others are using?

We were referred to the wheel chair service in April who refused to see him as he was under 3. Since then I'm aware that there has been many cut backs to the service and they will only provide a pushchair to a child who cannot walk at all. My son can walk but tires very easily. His OT says he needs a pushchair (agrees the major is not suitable) but tells me I will not get provided with one.

I have done a little searching on the net but it is difficult to find paediatric pushchairs in the UK where there is a show room to view it. I don't want to buy something I have not tried first.
I have come across the special tomato Eio which I like the look of. Has anyone used/got this buggy?
Any others that could be recommended? Ideally I don't want to pay much over £400.

Thanks for reading and your anticipated replies.

• VIP
hi, my son is autistic and has mobility issues - he can walk perfectly well now but with very stiff legs. also i cant make him understand i need him to walk WITH me!
i have not been give an o.t appointment or any type of support with equipment, even though he was under review from the age of 2 and diagnosed as autistic in march this year - he is now age 4!
i have bought sn prams from e-bay. my lad was heavy at 2 - like yours
i though at first he would need a lay back pram - but they are huge and quickly sold it on! it also gave me back ache
the maclaren major was great for the car and provided enough support - he was fine even when sleeping. ask your health visitor and she can get one
i now have a convaid crusier as he bent the frame of the maclaren with his tantrums!
the convaid provides NO SUPPORT when sleeping - but it works for us.
thought my experience might be useful?
the wheel chair service keep writing to say im on their list!!!!!!!!!!!

• Established member
(11-01-2011, 11:06 AM)mummy2three Wrote: Hi I'm new to this forum,

My son who is 2.5yrs old has recntly been dx with CP (lowered tone, lax ligaments and hypermobility). He is a big boy (has been since birth) and weighs over 15kg (standard max weight for majority of pushchairs), he is also tall and quite broad shouldered. Therefore he is too big and heavy for your standard strollers or pushchairs. Mothercare do not sell a single pushchair apart from the phil and teds and maclaren major which would take his weight. The maclaren major is unsuitable for him as it doesn't have any sort of recline. Oh should add, he usually falls asleep in a buggy.

The phil and teds is pricey so I may as well get a special needs buggy which will last him. Plus I don't want tyres that are capable of getting punctures. I originally had a my3 which kept getting punctures (my son outgrew it at 18months old).

I would like to know what pushchair others are using?

We were referred to the wheel chair service in April who refused to see him as he was under 3. Since then I'm aware that there has been many cut backs to the service and they will only provide a pushchair to a child who cannot walk at all. My son can walk but tires very easily. His OT says he needs a pushchair (agrees the major is not suitable) but tells me I will not get provided with one.

I have done a little searching on the net but it is difficult to find paediatric pushchairs in the UK where there is a show room to view it. I don't want to buy something I have not tried first.
I have come across the special tomato Eio which I like the look of. Has anyone used/got this buggy?
Any others that could be recommended? Ideally I don't want to pay much over £400.

Thanks for reading and your anticipated replies.

• Established member
Hi there we are selling our grandaughters s/n pushchair its in a post further down s/n equip for sale It is an excellent pushchair and also in excellent condition I wanted to upload a pic of it but couldn't do it She too has c/p and needed additional support and plenty of growing room which as this pushchair is all adjustable it would do for many years, we also bought many extras for the buggy as she was our only grandchild It is crashtested and is all kitted out with the anchoring to use it in a vehicle the only reason for selling is she has now moved onto a full wheelchair So we are looking at hopefully using the money from this chair to purchasing the new 1 this is the name of the stroller tom cross i cant add a link for you to look either it seems lol im not very good at this

• VIP
hi my son is 3. he has a swifty push chair provided by wheelchair services it's great! very sturdy and reclines. dont know if that helps x
were all angels in waiting!!