• Registered
hi we was told in july our son has

sensory defensive behaviour

we have been sent to ot but not seeing them till nov and we not got a clue what it is he also has

fine motor coordination skills and low weight gain and short stature

any help would be great

thanks

our son is 4

• Administrators
hi, welcome to the forum. i'm not 100% on the exact specifics of your sons diagnosis, what sort of problem does he have? the OT should be able to shed more light and i'm pretty sure their are others on the forum that might be able to help more, just wanted to extend our welcomes to you Smile have you used the search option to see if their are any other threads that might be useful?
xx

• Registered
no i not yet we got ot soon so hoping there help thanks x

• Registered
Hi,

It sounds like your wee man has something similar to my chap. Jack (my dude) is very reactive to certain tones of noises, movement and light... It depends on what the item is that can cause a violent outburt where he is basically scared but will run/cling or thow things etc to ensure the item upsetting him is removed ASAP.

What have they based their opinion on?

Sarah

• Registered
he like things his way or he will scream out he hates being touched and really dont do change he dont sleep past 4;30 most days Sad

he is finding school life really hard so mush so his teachers are really worried about him as he cant even hold a pen ect ...

he just stared full time school but dont do pe as he cant cope with it