• VIP
Hiya,
Sorry i haven't been around in a while things are hectic here, jack started school which hasn't gone completely smooth along with other problems.

Im going to sound really thick but i dont get what they mean at all in this letter. Basically the pead refered Jack to CAMHS about 6weeks ago, she also stated on form about me having pnd in past and depression after being raped.

Here's the letter-

I write regarding your referral of Jack to our services. We discussed jack in our intake meeting. From the information recieved we would suggest that Jack's mother is refered to early intervention service who will provide support (this can be accessed through school). As it appears that you continue to assess jack would it be helpful in the first instance if Dr ***** might join you in joint communication clinic before accepting him in CAMHS.

I just dont get why im being refered to something or what they are actually going to do Sad
[Image: buttonsandflowers111102.jpg]

• VIP
I can see your point but maybe they think you may need extra support going through the meeting's etc , very strange I have depression but did not tell them. But I did put it on some form but it was never raised as far as I know
CAMSHS Stands for (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services).

All went well and I managed the meetings etc I would ring them up and ask them that would prove your on the ball, certainly sounds a bit strange.
"Life is greener sometimes on the other side but they still have to cut the grass"

• VIP
Thankyou,
I've just rang them they dont know whats going on by the sounds of it.
When i asked why it states im being refered she said it means jack, I read the letter out so she looked on computer said ok this has got to be a mistake.
She then spoke to someone else came back and said im really sorry i dont know, im going to get the manager to ring you.
It all seems really odd to me, tbh i dont need the stress as my ex is now trying to get custody of my children, it will be another thing to use against me.

• VIP
The manager just called me.
She said the letter should have be worded different and included information for me.
Basically they meant that if i was interested they have a few support groups i could go to, they thought it was be suitable as jacks still in the assessment stage.
They are now contacting his pead who has discharged him as they dont have a clue what the pead is doing.

• Administrators
The group they refer to is i believe the Triple P or early bird classes they seem to offer around 99% of referals.
Basically another name for behaviour management courses in which they try to show methods to deal with behaviours etc.
Sometimes it can be succesful but its not for everyone Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE