• Registered
Hi everyone! First post, so please be extra kind! I have 2 disabled sons - eldest (18) has Aspergers & other problems, youngest is Autistic Spectrum and extremely anxious about everything - so much so that he will only leave the house very occasionally with me (he is 13). We could really really do with a holiday, but all efforts to get youngest to agree to going on one have failed - until now. He really wants to go to Norway & see the Northern Lights, but there is no way I could afford something like that - does anyone have any ideas of grants available for something like that? We had a computer from Family Fund this year already.

Thanks lovely people

• Moderators
the best help i can offer is someone else's Big Grin http://www.parentsofdisabledchildren.co.uk/list-of-grants-t-6309.html there are quite a few there to try out, not tried any of them so dont know how much they would help with but its worth a go
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
HI. not sure if your area does them, but i am in oxfordshire and we were given a carers respite grant for £750 is was brilliant we just had to keep the recipets and send them back. we just had to be reffered by the gp it was all very easy. hope this helps. Zilah

• Registered
(10-13-2011, 08:02 AM)emerald66 Wrote: Hi everyone! First post, so please be extra kind!  I have 2 disabled sons - eldest (18) has Aspergers & other problems, youngest is Autistic Spectrum and extremely anxious about everything - so much so that he will only leave the house very occasionally with me (he is 13).  We could really really do with a holiday, but all efforts to get youngest to agree to going on one have failed - until now.  He really wants to go to Norway & see the Northern Lights, but there is no way I could afford something like that - does anyone have any ideas of grants available for something like that? We had a computer from Family Fund this year already.

Thanks lovely people

Hi,

I am currently working on a returning series for BBC One called 'Right on the Money' which aims to help a family save some money with the help of a financial expert on areas such as their bills and daily spending in order to save for something nice, such as a holiday. I am aware of the huge commitment that is needed, both in time and financially, in order to care for children with a disability. We are looking for families to take part in the series and think that we may be able to help you find areas where you may be able to save money in order to take your children to Norway.

It would be great if we could help somebody like you and if it is at all of interest then we would love to give you a call.

Alternatively you could drop us an email on rightonthemoney@bbc.co.uk or call us on 07519894621.

Look forward to hearing from you.