• VIP
hello everyone

can anyone tell me if this seems right , ok in 2009 we applied for a dfg on our own property for a downstairs bathroom for our son as its getting hard to carry him up and down the stairs each time hes soiled and needs to be cleaned , or when we need the toilet !!
they sent a private company out as occupational therapys, filled in the papaer work etc , then in 2010 they said they need to get their own ocuppational therapist out as the private company has withdrawn the contracts , so we had another assesment , we explained to the o.t how urgent the situation is , as i cant list my son much now , and my hubby has done hes back in so has to be careful, he said i will put it to the panel for a priority ,
after many phone calls and chasing , now 2011 they have got the architect out and he has drawn up the plan , but we have not yet seen it
when i ring the housing technical officer , he said yes i will show you the plan , but after 2 weeks i have contacted him again and asked we need to see the plan incase we dont agree , as it will be a bedroom and washroom and the space will be taken from the garden,
he has now said (the tech officer) we have jumped the gun :o you will need to hear from a department where some forms will need filling in first, i asked , what kind of forms, as its for my son im sure finance dont matter as hes only 4 years old,
he said , correct but its a procedure a certain team have to come out to collect information and fill out paperwork, so i told him can he get hes skates on and get them to organise a date , (this was yesterday)
and they called me today and said they will come out next week , i asked what forms , she said just have mine and my hubbys national insurance ready and utility bill and tax credit form or income support , and we will need to sign ,

is this right??

im just not sure about this , if anyone knows about this procedure or been through this then please let me know , what its for and if its correct , or are they just trying to delay things more ?

and do you think i should have a right to see the plans as soon as possible as its our house ??

thankyou in advance all

x

• VIP
? anyone

• Administrators
I would imagine its a procedure that they have in place to ensure that the child exsists or something.
Most likely a paper trail thats needed to ensure that a child lives in the property for whom you have custody.

As i said its most likely just a "procedure" but nothing to worry about i dont think
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
(10-09-2011, 03:35 PM)Daniel Wrote: I would imagine its a procedure that they have in place to ensure that the child exsists or something.
Most likely a paper trail thats needed to ensure that a child lives in the property for whom you have custody.

As i said its most likely just a "procedure" but nothing to worry about i dont think

thank you daniel

• Registered
You do have to sign some paperwork because I did that in June. We have been waiting since March 2010 for our DFG with no plans drawn yet. Unfortunately these things take a long long time.

Shelley