• VIP
At the moment we get middle rate care and low rate moblity for Ben but just recently his sleeping has got terrible. Last thursday he was up at 3.15 and on saturday was up at 1.15, both times he didn't go back to sleep. So me and hubby took it in turns to stay with him.
Also now he hates walking and it feels like you have to drag him everywhere. and he touches everything he sees. He actually set of a car alarm by touching it.
Have put a note in Ben's school home diary asking what he is walking like at school.
If i did re apply for DLA is it worth putting a copy of his statment in and was thinking about asking his paed for a medical report.

• Administrators
(10-04-2011, 09:16 AM)wweangelica Wrote: At the moment we get middle rate care and low rate moblity for Ben but just recently his sleeping has got terrible. Last thursday he was up at 3.15 and on saturday was up at 1.15, both times he didn't go back to sleep. So me and hubby took it in turns to stay with him.
Also now he hates walking and it feels like you have to drag him everywhere. and he touches everything he sees. He actually set of a car alarm by touching it.
Have put a note in Ben's school home diary asking what he is walking like at school.
If i did re apply for DLA is it worth putting a copy of his statment in and was thinking about asking his paed for a medical report.

I would hold fire for now.
Keep a diary for 2 weeks and just see if it measures up and becomes routine as such.
The reason i say hold fire is if you put in a new claim it could actually be lowered they way assesments are going lately.
Its weighing up the pros and cons of the new application and if by holding fire for a few weeks and keeping the diary you can then judge if you think its worth the risk of a new application.
It could go up or stay the same or go down?
Its a worry and i would suggest your 100% sure first.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE