• Administrators
soady we are in birmingham too Big Grin (me n dan lol) we go to a disability support group every friday which is great, i take euan n alfie they are the only Children there as the other people's children are at school. The lady who runs it is lovely, her son is autistic and pretty much everyone who goes's child has ASD, we are the only ones awaiting diagnosis but you dont need a diagnosis to go. Its run by a organisation called Homestart, they have a website and offer in home support to so someone will come out to your house if you ask for it, for an hour or so a week just to chat or whatever if its difficult to get out! where abouts in brum are you?

In regards to the boots/trainers, we had them from footlocker http://www.foot-locker.co.uk/Products/FL_EU_BaseCatalog/Model/Nike-Big-Nike-53.aspx?VariantID=315346934102095 these ar not the exact ones but a similar pair, i cannot seem to find them online but they have loads more in store and it just gives you an idea of how they come up high. Timberland style boots are pretty good too!

Oh an corinne, footlocker measure feet as dan had his done there not long ago lol although they arent AS good as clarks are because they dont do width, however they do do half sizes Smile

xx

just to add....the trainers are about £30 for Children, that was an adult pair i posted hehe

• VIP
If your tight on space (im guessing so with a fiat500) and you need a small sturdy pram your best bet is to get either a Quinny Buzz what Daniel mentioned or the Petite star Zia..
Both Very very similar apart from the Buzz doesnt lie back and only has the 1 seat position, and no shopping basket..
Were the Zia lies flat for when ur childs asleep etc, and also has a shopping basket.
So if your child sleeps often in hes pram or you use it often for shopping your best bet is the Zia otherwise get a Buzz.
(Both fold extramly small)

I currently have a Zia and a maclaren Quest for my Daughter whos 2 (Well when she will bloody use them as shes sooo independent and always wants to walk arr) and i love them both and would highly recomend either..
Only 1 fault with the zia.. its quite small in height so depending on ur height it might not suit (Go to mothercare and try out different prams to suit you?)

• Moderators
thanks Lucy, unfortunatly i live in stoke we dont get anyone like that here lol perhaps when they build the new shopping centre? think i will try and push to get the hospital to at least measure his feet seeing as they started this obsession with the boots and he cant do laces so have to be velcro as i cant bend down for long enough to tie his laces for him and he can put his own shoes on if they are velcro
right matt has been picked up by outreach he going waterworld!!! so hubby is standing over me waiting as he wants to go up town cyas later xxxx
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Banned
tHE GROUP i attended does not support me. i feel as if they critise me all the time why does daniel need his wheelchair, did u take wheelchair on holiday blah blah. thats isnt supporting me is it ?? I find the best support we gets is on this site Smile and Daniel, Lucy, and corinne and everyone else have been good. and know exactly what its like to be a carer 24/7. I also talk to other families on facebook in the USA with Children with a 9q deletion syndrome and thats helping too, and whenever i feel low i just email the samaritans as they are there to listen.

• VIP
were in bartley green were are you? thanks for the website will take a look at that later on x

(01-30-2010, 06:51 AM)Lucy Wrote: soady we are in birmingham too Big Grin (me n dan lol) we go to a disability support group every friday which is great, i take euan n alfie they are the only Children there as the other people's children are at school. The lady who runs it is lovely, her son is autistic and pretty much everyone who goes's child has ASD, we are the only ones awaiting diagnosis but you dont need a diagnosis to go. Its run by a organisation called Homestart, they have a website and offer in home support to so someone will come out to your house if you ask for it, for an hour or so a week just to chat or whatever if its difficult to get out! where abouts in brum are you?

In regards to the boots/trainers, we had them from footlocker http://www.foot-locker.co.uk/Products/FL_EU_BaseCatalog/Model/Nike-Big-Nike-53.aspx?VariantID=315346934102095 these ar not the exact ones but a similar pair, i cannot seem to find them online but they have loads more in store and it just gives you an idea of how they come up high. Timberland style boots are pretty good too!

Oh an corinne, footlocker measure feet as dan had his done there not long ago lol although they arent AS good as clarks are because they dont do width, however they do do half sizes Smile

xx

just to add....the trainers are about £30 for Children, that was an adult pair i posted hehe

thanks leax i have just ordered a zia if its not suitable i will retern it but any thing is worth a go i cant quite afford a maclaren major as they are 500 pounds! and thats the cheapest i have seen on the net with raincover etc