• Administrators
(01-29-2010, 10:38 PM)soady Wrote: he has not been diagnosed yet so i dont know if im allowed to claim anything this is all new to me i have no idea on any thing

Do remember DLA is not paid on a diagnosis it is paid on care needs.
So if you currently have additional care needs you can still apply!
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
my post are going every were lol :$
danial the name of the trainers would be nice thank you
corrine my son has not been diagnosed yet so i havent claimed for any thing im unsure what to do about any thing its all new to me an im getting ll worked up about it all Sad

• Moderators
(01-29-2010, 10:43 PM)soady Wrote: my post are going every were lol :$
danial the name of the trainers would be nice thank you
corrine my son has not been diagnosed yet so i havent claimed for any thing im unsure what to do about any thing its all new to me an im getting ll worked up about it all Sad

i would contact a disabillity or carers group in your area (different names in different cities) who should be able to either send someone out or you go to them and they will help you fill out any forms as even without a diagnosis like daniel says you can get some financial help. i know its all a bit overwhelming being told your child might have asd but it does get better and you have found this site which is a step in the right direction lol
corinne
(01-29-2010, 10:40 PM)Daniel Wrote:
(01-29-2010, 10:30 PM)corinne Wrote: so if i cant get anymore of them will have to try steel toecaps and keep away from him lol
corinne
If you cant get them on the Nhs for whatever reason you can buy Piedros,costly though at a basic starting price of around £80....

this is what social worker was finding out before she left, will ask new one on wed. matt was signed off from the foot clinic about 18month ago when they gave me his last pair which i thought was weird as how do they know if the boots have worked? i now cant get his feet measured anywhere as they dont measure adults feet only childrens everywhere i have tried (found one but they told me i wouldnt be able to buy shoes from there, when i asked WHY??? she said "we only sell ladies shoes!" ) and its not like he can say if a shoe fits ok or not grrrr lol
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
i would have no idea were to look for those groups to be honest im in birmingham im glad i found this site as you all seem so nice and give good advice and it calms me down abit knowing people are here to advise me that have been through it

• Moderators
(01-29-2010, 10:55 PM)soady Wrote: i would have no idea were to look for those groups to be honest im in birmingham im glad i found this site as you all seem so nice and give good advice and it calms me down abit knowing people are here to advise me that have been through it

well its been a while since i have been where you have and my memory isnt good at my age lol but i am here to let you know that things do get better as matt is 16 and he can do things we never though possible

this is a quick search that will help with benefits and support http://www.disability.co.uk/
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.