• VIP
my ds is 3 and a half and a big one at that like a rugby player he has been refered for asd in dec and im still waiting for appointment but he always says his legs hurt when he walks for a short time i have also noticed he has weak ankles as i know this as my little girl had them his feet turn in a lot too but as he wont walk far i need a pushchair but he has buckled a fair few already as he starts bouncing an shaking in them does any one have advice please on what buggy is best?Huh

• Banned
what about asking around if anyone has a special needs pushchair the maclaren major which would be ideal for him.
have you got an Occupational therapist in place for him ??

• VIP
hi thanks for replying i have not got nothing in place for him as yet im waiting to see who he is refered too and tellt hem my concerns i have brought him some kicker boots as my daughter needed them i will look in to the maclaren major thank you x

• Moderators
wow thats bringing back memories got through a few buggies before we got a special needs one just glad argos have a 12 month warranty on them just would take em back and get a new one lol but Karen is right you should be able to get one through occupational therapy or the school might be able to help if its a special needs school. i would ask to see a physiotherapist as if his feet are turning in he would need to be seen at the hospital and they will fit him for pedroes (dont know how spell them lol but matt is wearing them) and they might be able to help with the buggy too. they are great, v strong no amount of bouncing damages them and they look a lot nicer than they did in matts time
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
(01-29-2010, 09:57 PM)soady Wrote: my ds is 3 and a half and a big one at that like a rugby player he has been refered for asd in dec and im still waiting for appointment but he always says his legs hurt when he walks for a short time i have also noticed he has weak ankles as i know this as my little girl had them his feet turn in a lot too but as he wont walk far i need a pushchair but he has buckled a fair few already as he starts bouncing an shaking in them does any one have advice please on what buggy is best?Huh

Euan is in the same boat,he cannot walk well without pain or falling because of his medical condition.
Long term the Mclaren mentioned would be ideal,but some people do worry about using this pushchair as it can stand out and some people do worry about this.
If its a short term thing a Quinny Buzz is a lot wider than a normal pushchair and Euan has one of these and they are great for his comfort,but Euan has a small height but is a bloater Big Grin
So short and very rotund so the Quinny is ideal for us,whereas if he was long as well the Major would be a better suit.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE