• VIP
Hi my son is 3 years old and since July has started cruising , but lately he has started to use my little coffee table to push himself about lol Been trying to look for a push along walker but have had no luck with finding one tall enough for him . Has anyone else ever used one or ever seen that would help him
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
Have you approached the OT about getting one for him??

We have for Jessica but its taking a while to access her, grrrrrrrrr, lol
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux

• VIP
i eldest boy is 7 & uses everything & anything to push along more so then his kaye walker!he will use his little sisters dolly buggys although they tend to tip if he doesnt hold them in the right place,he works out how/where best so he can keep his balance!!at his sn school they weigh them down but not quite sure what with!i know not everyone will give there son a dolly buggy to play with but it may be worth a try x

also your sons ot or physio should be able to help as a little kaye walker has been suggested for my youngest son who is 19mths old but another physio said he probably wont get one unless he's still not walking by the expected age of walking (whenever that is?) but i'm sure your son is way past that age!!good luck xx
mummy to two special lil boys (7yrs & 18mths) & 1 very grown up 5yr old princess!!
"Children with disabilities are like butterflies with a broken wing. They are just as beautiful as all others, but they need help to spread their wings"

• VIP
Hi thanks for replies , I havent spoke to his OT yet as they are looking to get him a new wheelchair and with him only starting the nursery don't want to be given them to much grief yet lol I don't know if he'd use the kaye walker , he is only development age about 6- 12 months , so he still bites everything and I think he'd bite the handles than walk , he has tried to push his wheelchair he has at the moment but its to big for him . Would need to find a big enough doll pram and see if he would try to push that .

Thanks for your ideas xx
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
That's lovely news, I bet you are very proud! My friends little girl used a dolls double pram as it was bigger and worked well for her. I hope you manage to get something that works for well for your little boy. X
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart