• VIP
We heard the decision last Thursday. All the info went to the Panel on Thursday morning and we got a phone call on Thursday afternoon telling us that Jack had been Statemented at level M. To say we are relieved is an understatement (no pun intended!!).

We got the draft statement on Saturday and are discussing it at our Family Meeting tomorrow to make sure everything is right.

Today I got a phone call from the SENCO at the Primary School that Jack will go to next September. We named a school because the one we want him to go to is very small and always over subscribed (though I know now that the Statement would guarantee his place there). Anyway the SENCO was lovely and said she would also be Jack's class teacher. She invited us to go and have a look round anytime we like and to take Jack so he can see the school. We are planning a visit in a couple of weeks.

Just talking to the SENCO made me feel more relaxed about him going to school. Though I know full well that I'll cry buckets on his first day there (just like I did when he started nursery)!! x

• VIP
Glad to hear you got the Statement and sounds like a lovely school but just wondering what does 'level M' mean please?
Thanks
Jayne x

• Administrators
Statement bands really do my head in...
Level M what is this?
Some councils go in levels othergo in numbers others go in hours and others go in money...
Its about time this country had a specific sen policy which is standard nationwide as it causes so much confusion and trouble.
For example we come under Birmingham council and they work in money whereas Euan attends a walsall school and they work in hours and the trouble this has caused is shocking.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
(09-29-2011, 07:34 AM)Daniel Wrote: Statement bands really do my head in...
Level M what is this?
Some councils go in levels othergo in numbers others go in hours and others go in money...
Its about time this country had a specific sen policy which is standard nationwide as it causes so much confusion and trouble.
For example we come under Birmingham council and they work in money whereas Euan attends a walsall school and they work in hours and the trouble this has caused is shocking.

Hi Daniel - from what I understand Level M is the same as a Band 1. Jack has been given 30.75 hours of 'supervision/care' at school. From what I'm told this is more due to his mobility issues than his autism. The school will get an extra £11,000 to cover the support needed for Jack which they can provide in house or 'buy in'.

I met with Parent Partnership today - in fact she attended our Family Meeting and was brilliant at discussing and advising on the Statement. We were lucky that our Ed Psycho and Health Visitor were also at the meeting and had an input into the discussion. I'm meeting with PP again next Thursday to try and finalise our rewording so we can get it back to the Panel. x

• VIP
Hi, I am very happy that all has gone well, I bet you are very relived. Is the 30.75 hours a week considered as full time one to one?x
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart