• Administrators
(01-31-2010, 07:48 PM)30something Wrote: I am currently having councelling with a trainee councellor through an organisation called Wired. They offer councelling for carers of disabled children and I found out about it through a local support group. I have found it invaluable and don't think I would be coping without it. I do feel that parents should be offered much more support as it is really left to us to go to our GP etc.

Sounds great.
What sort of things do they cover and what services have you found useful?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
Hi
I really would like to set up a charity to help other parents in similar situations to ours. What I mean is that I think there needs to be something set up so that there can be support and counseling offered to parents who have received a diagnosis or are having to begin to understand what it may mean to care for a child that has a disability. I think what I am saying is I would really like to start something that offers parents help in the early years, I would have no idea how to go about it though.
L x

• Moderators
(02-01-2010, 11:23 PM)linzi74 Wrote: Hi
I really would like to set up a charity to help other parents in similar situations to ours. What I mean is that I think there needs to be something set up so that there can be support and counseling offered to parents who have received a diagnosis or are having to begin to understand what it may mean to care for a child that has a disability. I think what I am saying is I would really like to start something that offers parents help in the early years, I would have no idea how to go about it though.
L x

hi linzi,
would you be doing the counselling yourself or hiring someone? i would check out counselling courses that they do at college as they are a good starting block, one round here was called introduction to counselling skllls to give you an idea of if you can do this type of thing. its a really good course i did it a few years ago but to go onto next level you have to have received counselling and i couldnt afford it and didnt think i had anything to need counselling for lol
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
(02-02-2010, 02:28 PM)corinne Wrote: its a really good course i did it a few years ago but to go onto next level you have to have received counselling and i couldnt afford it and didnt think i had anything to need counselling for lol
corinne
See there you go..........
Resident Agony Aunt...Blush
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Banned
i couldnt do councelling im a very emotional person thats get too involved with peoples problems