• VIP
We applied to see if we could have direct payments to give me and hubby a break, just had a phone call to say that we have been turned down.
so now will have to struggle with the Children. I have forgotten the last time me and hubby had a night to ourself

• VIP
I am sorry to hear that, did they give you a reason why you were turned down? We were refused a couple of months back and told because we weren't a family in crisis!
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• Administrators
When was the assesment made?
Did they carry out a full assesment and in this assesment did you explain how this was affecting you as a family unit?
Its very common for people to say they are coping well because they fear social services although its not a child protection social worker.
Intresting to hear from you
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
(09-19-2011, 06:11 PM)Daniel Wrote: When was the assesment made?
Did they carry out a full assesment and in this assesment did you explain how this was affecting you as a family unit?
Its very common for people to say they are coping well because they fear social services although its not a child protection social worker.
Intresting to hear from you

it was done last week and we did explain how it was effecting us all, they said because my parents live close they can help.

• VIP
well that just makes my blood boil. ~The whole point of direct payments is to take the strain and pressure off family members, regardless of how close your parents are, you should still be entitled to some support from services. We have a piddly 6 hours of respite a month which is split into 3 hours every other Tuesday so me and hubby can go out. Our OT is battling with chld team as she believes it should be increased as he is so hyperactive and doesn't sleep, so she wants us to have night time support. As you can imagine though, the child team are digging their heels in, but she isn't letting go.. she now has written to the team manager and demanded ajoint assessment with herself at our home lol.. she's like a little pit bull!! Have you got anyone onside like OT or family key worker?
Keely x