• VIP
hey all

just wondering ive heard the word probiotics being used a lot everywhere recently after looking into it

i would like to get some for my son to take regualy , but there is so many on the market such as flora baby? biogaia? etc etc

has anyone used these for their icckle ones? if so which ones and what differance did you see ? if any??

and are you using any vitamins etc ? the dr keeps saying dont bother but am sure hes not getting enough in the food hes eats .....hmmmm

ok thankyou in advance

ambreen

• Established member
hi, my son was prescribed a probiotic medicine after a very long course of iv antibiotics. They had stripped his gut of all its flora etc. They definately didn't do any harm but it is hard to tell whether they did any good but his case was rather extreme. I wouldn't be against using them again anyway Smile x x

• VIP
Hi, we have used probiotics yakult we were advised by the dietician after our son had the norovirus. the bug had damaged the lining of his stomach and he had built up an intolerance to his milk. these were the shop bought ones we gave him 1 pot a day for 3 months whilst he settled down using a different milk formula. he is tube fed and back to normal now.
I never thought it would happen to me.

• VIP
thankyou ladies hope your little ones are ok now xx