• VIP
We get middle rate care and low rate mobility for Ben and also get carers allowance for him, was told yesterday that we can get high rate care for sammy.
My question is can i claim extra carers allowance for sammy or is it per household

• VIP
Carers Allowance is based on a person claiming it if they look after a person on middle or high rate DLA. You can only claim one lot of Carers Allowance for yourself even if you are the only person providing care for more than one disabled person who gets DLA at the right rate. The number of people you provide care for is not counted. If there is another adult who provides the necessary amount of care and meets the criteria for work hours and earnings then they could get Carers Allowance for looking after him. I get carers for my middle child and my husband gets it for our oldest lad but no one gets it for our youngest as no-one else provides any care for him and we are only entitled to one amount of Carers Allowance each.

Hope this helps

• Administrators
(09-14-2011, 06:46 AM)getthekettleon Wrote: Carers Allowance is based on a person claiming it if they look after a person on middle or high rate DLA. You can only claim one lot of Carers Allowance for yourself even if you are the only person providing care for more than one disabled person who gets DLA at the right rate. The number of people you provide care for is not counted. If there is another adult who provides the necessary amount of care and meets the criteria for work hours and earnings then they could get Carers Allowance for looking after him. I get carers for my middle child and my husband gets it for our oldest lad but no one gets it for our youngest as no-one else provides any care for him and we are only entitled to one amount of Carers Allowance each.

Hope this helps
Oooh i like you Big Grin
Nipping in and stinging like a bee Smile
Advice is great Smile

Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE