• Registered
Hello, does anyone have a special needs potty for sale . My 4 year old autistic son will not fit in a normal size one. I live in Chessington Surrey so If you are close I can collect. If not I would pay postage too. Thanks for looking. Kind regards Lisa a desparate mumx

• VIP
(09-04-2011, 05:51 PM)rovs Wrote: Hello, does anyone have a special needs potty for sale . My 4 year old autistic son will not fit in a normal size one. I live in Chessington Surrey so If you are close I can collect. If not I would pay postage too. Thanks for looking. Kind regards Lisa a desparate mumx

Hi - I don't have a potty for sale but I had same problem as you. Jack is 4 next week and a few months ago started showing awareness of needing the toilet etc. He flatly refused to sit on a potty (he is autistic and has low muscle tone). I trawled the internet and finally settled on a lovely seat to fit on the family toilet. It's padded, 'Disney Cars' design, has handles either side of the seat so he can hold on for stability and reassurance and most important - on one of the handles there's a button to press to create the sound of 'revving' cars. Jack was so pre-occupied by the button that he forgot where he was and that he probably should have been protesting! We've had success on the seat everytime we've used it - I would highly recommend it. I got if from Kiddicare.com and paid less than £20.00 for it - it's worth every penny!!

• Established member
Hi we recently were given one from our OT have you asked them? My son is 5 and the one we have is a pine frame with red faux leather cushioning like a little arm chair which when you take the seat off has a potty under. It is like a mini commode and has adjustable height settings. He is very comfortable with it although still struggling to get trained. Good luck, its worth an ask x

• VIP
(09-04-2011, 06:47 PM)SusieL66 Wrote:
(09-04-2011, 05:51 PM)rovs Wrote: Hello, does anyone have a special needs potty for sale . My 4 year old autistic son will not fit in a normal size one. I live in Chessington Surrey so If you are close I can collect. If not I would pay postage too. Thanks for looking. Kind regards Lisa a desparate mumx

Hi - I don't have a potty for sale but I had same problem as you. Jack is 4 next week and a few months ago started showing awareness of needing the toilet etc. He flatly refused to sit on a potty (he is autistic and has low muscle tone). I trawled the internet and finally settled on a lovely seat to fit on the family toilet. It's padded, 'Disney Cars' design, has handles either side of the seat so he can hold on for stability and reassurance and most important - on one of the handles there's a button to press to create the sound of 'revving' cars. Jack was so pre-occupied by the button that he forgot where he was and that he probably should have been protesting! We've had success on the seat everytime we've used it - I would highly recommend it. I got if from Kiddicare.com and paid less than £20.00 for it - it's worth every penny!!

We had a very similar one but pink with princesses on it and was brilliant and would highly recommend. We had ours by chance in TKMax can't remember how much we paid but worth every penny!

Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• VIP
The following is a link to the suggested toilet seats from above.

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_73_10751_-1_15112_120377_10001_61177

But you should contact your OT to try and get a special needs one.
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux