• VIP
(08-31-2011, 08:53 PM)wweangelica Wrote: that's ok if it can help us with the things we need for our little ones

Just been going through them all, did'nt realise there were so many fantastic charities out there. I am going to apply for some sensory lights soon.....mind you I have been saying this for months, just waiting and waiting for a letter from the OT! Thank you again. X

Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• Registered
Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help, we recently applied Through the council for buildings grant to get an extension built so my daughter has her own room which we would make into a sensory room. We have a 2 up 2 down so she only has our living room which isn't very big. We thought if we had a conservatory built out the back, that could be her room, we could get a table so we could all sit together and she could hopefully learn to feed herself better, I could go on but my point is, they said no. They said she has a bedroom so that's it and they would prefer to offer over 30thousand on something like a wet room than 10 on a conservatory which would get more use than a bathroom! Sorry I'm sounding bitter and yes I am. My daughter having her own room would help her immensely and how can they expect me to stay upstairs all day, watching my daughter, who cannot climb up or down the stairs without help, who cannot talk so how can she tell me she wants to come down now.

Ok, anyway, my question is, apart from the council, are there any charities that offer grants/funding for house adaptations for disabled child?

Thank you for any help you can offer
Lynnette xx

• Registered
Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help, we recently applied Through the council for buildings grant to get an extension built so my daughter has her own room which we would make into a sensory room. We have a 2 up 2 down so she only has our living room which isn't very big. We thought if we had a conservatory built out the back, that could be her room, we could get a table so we could all sit together and she could hopefully learn to feed herself better, I could go on but my point is, they said no. They said she has a bedroom so that's it and they would prefer to offer over 30thousand on something like a wet room than 10 on a conservatory which would get more use than a bathroom! Sorry I'm sounding bitter and yes I am. My daughter having her own room would help her immensely and how can they expect me to stay upstairs all day, watching my daughter, who cannot climb up or down the stairs without help, who cannot talk so how can she tell me she wants to come down now.

Ok, anyway, my question is, apart from the council, are there any charities that offer grants/funding for house adaptations for disabled child?

Thank you for any help you can offer
Lynnette xx

• VIP
you could try the act foundation

• Registered
Thanks for thisSmile
I'm in need of Crelling harness in car so going to search through the list to try to find an organisation support us.