• Administrators
With the new school term around the corner how you feeling?
Worried your child will fail to resettle?
Or is it your childs first term?
New teacher worries?
New school worries?

I know from a personal experience its Euans time for the dreaded full time and that means they will be handling medication dosing and hydration levels and this is a big thing for Euan so worried a little now but maybe i shouldnt be as the school are usually fab...

How will you be feeling as the day draws closer?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
(08-29-2011, 06:50 AM)Daniel Wrote: With the new school term around the corner how you feeling?
Worried your child will fail to resettle?
Or is it your childs first term?
New teacher worries?
New school worries?

I know from a personal experience its Euans time for the dreaded full time and that means they will be handling medication dosing and hydration levels and this is a big thing for Euan so worried a little now but maybe i shouldnt be as the school are usually fab...

How will you be feeling as the day draws closer?

Well it's Chloe's first time in a new school, where she will be full time and transported so nervous doesn't cover it! I know she will be fine but I don't think I will be.

We agonised over the decision not to keep her in mainstream but with her medical needs I do thinks it will be the right choice in the long run. Especially after this week of non-stop seizures, it gives me a bit of comfort to know they will be able to cope, probably better than me!

Kirsty x
Mum to 3 gorgeous girls Bethany (12), Amyrose (7) and Chloe (4). Chloe has Septo-Optic Displaysia, Bilateral Schizencephaly, Microcephaly, Lissencephaly, Spina Bifida Occulta, Global Developmetal Delay and Epilepsy. But has a smile that can light up the grumpiest persons day!

• VIP
im really worried how seliona will settle back. At the beginning of the hols she went 2 a playscheme at a special school and got on great there but all we have had since is 'i dont like my school i like fun club' part of it may be coz of the fun she had but partly coz it was 1 teacher per 2 children. Also with her now moving into yr 2 she will have to work alot harder, and i think she is really going 2 struggle. But on a plus side, SENAS will hopefully make the decision that we can have her moved 2 a special school, as they dont work over the summer hols so we have had 2 wait all summer 4 an answer!

• VIP
Sorry but i cannot wait for school to start, i need the break that it gives, Thursday cannot come soon enough, lol.

I know that they will be safe and well looked after, last year it didn't start to well but it got brilliant.
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux

• VIP
I find this time hard every year.....we had a few teething problems last year and we will probably have some this year to. After having seven weeks off she just doesnt want to go back to school.....mind you Im feeling a bit like that to and find it hard to get us all motivated and ready for work/school.lol

She won't be starting next week due to just coming out of hospital and it will take a week or two for her to recover fully, I feel that's not going to help either but what can I do!
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart