• Established member
i just filled out my forms as the worst day possible. This way they are getting a clear idea of how much care your child needs and also the rate of mobility. Does not always get awarded correctly, as they have mucked up the mobility rate of mine, but they are now looking into it, as they think they may have made a mistake (they have) so fingers crossed it won't take too long, although they sent a letter today saying it could take upto 11 weeks :-( not impressed with that at all!! Good luck with filling in your forms, you could try going to the citizens advice bureau hun :-) xxx

• VIP
(09-08-2011, 09:49 PM)shorty1979 Wrote: i just filled out my forms as the worst day possible. This way they are getting a clear idea of how much care your child needs and also the rate of mobility. Does not always get awarded correctly, as they have mucked up the mobility rate of mine, but they are now looking into it, as they think they may have made a mistake (they have) so fingers crossed it won't take too long, although they sent a letter today saying it could take upto 11 weeks :-( not impressed with that at all!! Good luck with filling in your forms, you could try going to the citizens advice bureau hun :-) xxx

You should never fill dla form on your worst days only as it could be fraudulent - its should be based on good days and bad days.

• VIP
Hi You need state good days and bad days -by stating your worst days possible is fraudulent- and you will always be looking over your shoulder and risk being reported and dla suspended.

• Administrators
To confirm what Dallas has rightly said you should never ever go on the worse day possible.
This advice is very old hat and citizens advice used to state this but they revised there guidance a couple of years back also.

Think if you go on your worst day this creates a picture that every day your child has the "worse case day" so if on a not so bad day they do see your child walking to school or something else similar but in an application you stated that he cannot walk more than 20 metres because thats your child on a bad day but on a day they watch you your child has walked 200 metres then they think HANG ON A MINUTE this is not a true reflection of the claim and then theres lots of fighting and trouble to endure.

What i always suggest when it comes to DLA applications or renewals is to keep a diary for around 10-14 days detailing EVERY care need across the day and night and write it in the diary.
Doing this creates an average day because you can look back at the diary and say what is your life on average.

But may i stress how important it is to state "NEVER BASE A DLA APPLICATION ON A WORSE DAY"
And a massive thank you to Dallas for pointing this out.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
Glad you have raised this Dallas and Daniel. I know 1 family in particular who fill in their DLA form in this way. Their child is clearly disabled but they boast how well the child sleeps all night every night and the form is based on the 1 night when the child was ill. It P*****s me off so much because my youngest son has never slept for more than a couple of hours at a time yet they receive the same rate DLA !!

Sorry for the rant x
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain .....