• VIP
wasnt to sure where to post so if this is the wrong place im sorry.
I havent been on for a while as i have been so busy. My second daughter was diagnoised with epilpsy on christmas eve so we have been very busy sorting out her meds ect. But thats only part of the story. Last July she was assessed by ed psy and we found out she had a lot of learning difficulties. we knew she had problems but we did not expect 1st centile scores. she has been statutory assessed and diagnoised with ADD, ASD, MLD, Epilpsy. We got her proposed statement last week and it was not good so i have a meeting withLA in the morning with a list of changes. I have written what i belive my dd needs with the proffesionals name beside what i have asked for as they recomended it. Iam also getting ready for tribunal incase they dont agree with what i want. I am asking for an independent school so i know they wont agree. My dd only goes to school for 8 hours a week at this time as mainstream is not a safe place for her, so i have been busy keeping her busy as well. Anyway i have tryed to make a long story short and i hope you dont mind reading where im at right now. I will try to keep you all up to date on how we get on.

• Moderators
its the family life part so would say you got it right lol

not the best time to find out about your daughter so hope you still managed to enjoy christmas a little bit.

sounds like you are experienced at the tribunals so you will be great, you know what you want to say which is a big start, i thought that every child was entitled to an education so if mainstream cant keep her safe for more than 8 hours a week they should be looking at special schools anyway without you having to fight for it, have you spoken to the head at the school your son is at? (sorry without going through all the old threads i cant remember everything)
22 22
good luck for tomorrow anyway
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
my son reece is only on the first centile as i felt shocked about it, have you tried contacting your inclusion team? having a problem with school and statements myself, i keep having to mind myself its not me or my son at fault its the school and the system. keep strong about what you know is right for your little one. good luck and let us know how you get on.

• Administrators
(01-25-2010, 08:17 PM)julie1 Wrote: wasnt to sure where to post so if this is the wrong place im sorry.
I havent been on for a while as i have been so busy. My second daughter was diagnoised with epilpsy on christmas eve so we have been very busy sorting out her meds ect. But thats only part of the story. Last July she was assessed by ed psy and we found out she had a lot of learning difficulties. we knew she had problems but we did not expect 1st centile scores. she has been statutory assessed and diagnoised with ADD, ASD, MLD, Epilpsy. We got her proposed statement last week and it was not good so i have a meeting withLA in the morning with a list of changes. I have written what i belive my dd needs with the proffesionals name beside what i have asked for as they recomended it. Iam also getting ready for tribunal incase they dont agree with what i want. I am asking for an independent school so i know they wont agree. My dd only goes to school for 8 hours a week at this time as mainstream is not a safe place for her, so i have been busy keeping her busy as well. Anyway i have tryed to make a long story short and i hope you dont mind reading where im at right now. I will try to keep you all up to date on how we get on.
Hi Julie,
What a christmas eve for you!
Have you managed to regulate the meds now and get all the dosings right?
Im glad you know what you want from the education system and well done for being prepared to stand up to them and get whats right.
I really hope it works out and its not such a fight.
Why on earth do they make us want to fight all the time?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
well todays over, and it went very well the LA agreed to all changes except part 4 that has to be agreed by county in Ipswich they usually make you go to tribunal. My dd will now get 25 hours 1-1 support they have removed the bit that said or small groups. If anyone gets that in their statement i recomend they get it to say how small a small group should be. In my dd school a small group is 30 children. as there are over 500 children in the school, the statement will be interpretated in whatever way the school sees fit to fit with there budget.
My youngest child who is nearly 5 saw the ED PSY today and that went very well. She scored 99% on several tests she is very clever however on the play and language scores she failed to get a score. I was told she will need the support of a language unit and will have to be statemented to get a place so just when i think we are almost there with 1 child it starts all over again with the next. Its a good job ive deciced no more children lol.
The school are now applying for early years funding to get her support in school now while we wait for the statement. I dont no anything about early years funding but i was told not to worry she will get it. the ED PSY stronly suppects ASD but with my other 3 children all on the spectrum it comes as no supprize. Anyway im happy tonight going to have a drink and relax roll on bed time.