• VIP
Hi i just wanted to share my experience with our trip to Chessington today.Each year we have chosen to recieve tickets for Chessington from Merlins Magic Wand as it has everything in one place zoo,sea life,rides etc.I must admit that getting the exit passes was easy peasy,blue badge was shown pass was given-that was perhaps one good thing about our day!!My biggest problem of the day was not being made aware of the height limit changes on one of the rides that my son has been on & loved over the pass couple of years,Dragon Falls,after approching the front of the que we were told that he was to small to go on the ride as it had gone up from 0.9min to 1.2m min rider!!there was NO mention of this at the main entertrance of the ride & even in the map book it still stated that 0.9m was the min height to ride with an adult!!!My little man was gutted,he has very little understanding of the world around him & does really hate being in his wheelchair every opportunity he gets to escape from it he gets really excited esp it if means going on the rides,he does love the faster rides,he has no fear,so you could imagine how upset he got having to go back into chair after NOT going on the ride he had sat & watched & loved going on in the past!!!If it had been made clear that the height had been changed then obviously we wouldnt had got him out of his chair,qued up & 'rubbed it in his face',his dad had to fight with him to get him back into his wheelchair whilst he cried & screamed,it broke my heart!!shortly after this he had a seizure as he suffers with epilepsy so at this point we decided it was probably time to leave!!The disabled carpark was another issue,its was ALL loose stones which made it sooooo difficult to get my sons wheelchair across,it ended up tipping over with him init,luckily he wasnt hurt but again became soooooo upset!!it really is rediculous esp that it is the disabled carpark,definately needs changing!!!Such a stressful day out doubt we'll be going bk next year,just hoping we have a better expeience tomorrow at Legoland!!
mummy to two special lil boys (7yrs & 18mths) & 1 very grown up 5yr old princess!!
"Children with disabilities are like butterflies with a broken wing. They are just as beautiful as all others, but they need help to spread their wings"

• VIP
That is terrible i know a few people of their facebook page have said something about Dragon falls.

• VIP
Legoland is our new favourite,Dylan was allowed on EVERY ride & even managed some rides twice!!!!!the staff were so helpful too
mummy to two special lil boys (7yrs & 18mths) & 1 very grown up 5yr old princess!!
"Children with disabilities are like butterflies with a broken wing. They are just as beautiful as all others, but they need help to spread their wings"

• VIP
we enjoyed legoland apart from the rain
we enjoyed legoland apart from the rain