• Registered
hi i was wondering what grants there might be for my daughter who has autism, we are looking for things like car seat and bed, i know of the family fund, do most of them have a limit on what your income is, thanks for any help.x

• VIP
family fund don't have an income limit anymore, you have children today and caudwell children that might be able to help

• VIP
(08-24-2011, 02:41 PM)wweangelica Wrote: family fund don't have an income limit anymore, you have children today and caudwell children that might be able to help

Sorry, just wanted to correct you on that - Family Fund don't have a limit as such but you do still have to meet our income criteria as well as our eligibility criteria.

For income, you need to have evidence of your entitlement to one the following:

Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit, Income based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Incapacity Benefit*, Employment Support Allowance*, Housing Benefit and Pension Credit.

If you do not receive any of the above, further information may be needed to complete your application.

In addition you need to meet our other criteria too:

You live in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales.
You are the parent or carer of a disabled or seriously ill child or young person aged 17 or under.
You have permanent legal residency in the UK and have lived in the UK for six months.

Families must meet all our eligibility criteria in order to be considered for a grant, and the child needs to meet our disability criteria. All grants from the Family Fund are discretionary and subject to available funding. There is no entitlement to our help and we cannot guarantee to offer help every time a family applies to us.

Best wishes,
Family Fund