• VIP
(01-25-2010, 02:30 PM)sazzle Wrote: Hi i'm a new one on here!
My daughter has GDD & am looking to speak to other parents- Hello!

Hi Sazzle.. Welcome to the forum Smile
Im Leanne aka Lea, 20 from Sunny St helens near Manchesterr,
Currently living with partner, Our daughter whos2 and my Stepson who will be 5this sonday.. He has servere GDD, Servere speach & language delays, Learning difficulties, Glue ear, Traces of sleep apneoa, Servere behaviour problems, Hole in the heart which causes heart murmor & flat feet (require hosp insoles)..He currently attends full time nursery as he was kept behind a year in nursery sept 09, and has a full time 1-1 support worker whilst at school..
Still awaiting a proper diagnosis..

How old is your DD?
Anyway nice to get to know you.. Speak soon..
Lea Smile X

• Registered
my son needs to go back into nursery, his scores were on the first centile but school he is at cannot offer play based learning so the review meeting i have next week should be deciding which special school he moves on to. he has some development delay but not GDD. my daughter has a diagnosis of GDD as well as autism.

• VIP
Hi Sazzle

I also live in Kent and have a little boy of 15 months with GDD amongst other things, we also have no diagnosis, I am glad it sounds like you are getting help.
We have just been told that it looks like my son will have to go to a special school as he has minimal development, he is already in a special nursery 1 after noon a week.
Do you find it hard to find other parents in your situation to talk to ?

• Registered

hi there i also have a child with global delay, i had a natural birth and had my son at 41 wks, he's in a special school part-time and attends main stream nursery 3 afternoons a wk, he is undiagnosed still after having test since he was 6' months old he's now 4, he doesn't walk or talk but is starting to use some makaton signs, its very difficult to find other parents in the same situation as yourself, i'm totally alone if anyone would like to talk please get in touch, especially if your from suffolk.

hi there i also have a child with global delay, i had a natural birth and had my son at 41 wks, he's in a special school part-time and attends main stream nursery 3 afternoons a wk, he is undiagnosed still after having test since he was 6' months old he's now 4, he doesn't walk or talk but is starting to use some makaton signs, its very difficult to find other parents in the same situation as yourself, i'm totally alone if anyone would like to talk please get in touch, especially if your from suffolk.

• VIP
(04-14-2010, 02:26 PM)claire1979 Wrote:

Hi Claire

I am afraid I am from Kent but would happy to talk as the same as you can't find many people in our situation, my son is 15months as has no diagnosis, he is high leveled GDD and his doctor has just told me now its al about striving for an independant life for him, they are not sure if he will ever walk and talk.
You are the first person I have spoken to who like us has no diasgnosis, we have had every test they can do since he was 4 months old and they have now said there is no more they can test.
I am happy to talk, IM me or email if you want to chat.
Kara
x