• VIP
We're going to Disneyland in October & staying at the Sequoia Lodge has anyone stayed there?what is it like?
We went to Disney back in 2009 & stayed at the Davey Crockett Ranch which really worked for us but my partner hated the driving this yr we're going over by Eurostar & staying at Sequioa Lodge which is apparently only a walk away from the park,just digging for advice mainly about the hotel!!Cannot wait the kiddies are going to LOVE it,havent told them yet as the 2 boys will prob not understand & my 5yr old daughter still has no concept of time,cant go the nx 7wks being asked if we're going yet!!!
mummy to two special lil boys (7yrs & 18mths) & 1 very grown up 5yr old princess!!
"Children with disabilities are like butterflies with a broken wing. They are just as beautiful as all others, but they need help to spread their wings"

• VIP
(08-21-2011, 11:37 AM)Mum2speciallittleman Wrote: We're going to Disneyland in October & staying at the Sequoia Lodge has anyone stayed there?what is it like?
We went to Disney back in 2009 & stayed at the Davey Crockett Ranch which really worked for us but my partner hated the driving this yr we're going over by Eurostar & staying at Sequioa Lodge which is apparently only a walk away from the park,just digging for advice mainly about the hotel!!Cannot wait the kiddies are going to LOVE it,havent told them yet as the 2 boys will prob not understand & my 5yr old daughter still has no concept of time,cant go the nx 7wks being asked if we're going yet!!!

Gosh - I'm SOO jealous!! We went to Disneyland Paris for my 40th birthday a few years ago and it was amazing! We went in November just as the Xmas celebrations started. We stayed at Newport Bay Club Hotel but we did go into all the other hotels to see what they were like and remember Sequoia Lodge as being one of our favourites, it felt really cosy and welcoming. It's a short walk into the park and if I remember rightly, you can hop onto a little land train that drives round lake Disney picking up guests from the Newport bay Club and Sequoia Lodge. It's fab!! I can't wait to go back when Jack's a little bit older. Have and brilliant time! xx

• VIP
Hi, I am very jealous to!!! We went at the start of summer to celebrate our daughters birthday, we had a fab time. We stayed at the Newport bay but we have stayed in the Sequoia and it's lovely-I actually think the interior of the sequoia is better than Newport! I haven't eaten in either except breakfast so can't be of any help! Are you aware of the exit pass in Disney?
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• VIP
Hi, when in October are you going?! Are you going to Mickeys not so scary halloween party?! It is amazing!! The park is all themed for Halloween and it is lovely. We are also going in October staying at the Disneyland hotel V excited!! The lodge is really nice it is next to lake disney and it is a walk from the parks through the disney village there are signs for it or you can get one of the yellow busses back to it which takes you to the outside of the hotel. We really enjoyed our stay there. The Beavers Creek restaurant in the hotel is lovely and if you have the food vouchers you can eat in there too. The Brochette of lamb is amazing!! The main course is chosen off the menu and the started and deserts are buffet style. The swimming pool is also really nice although it is a tinsey bit cold so you don't want to stay in it too long!! The breakfast is pretty much a standard Disney buffet breakfast, meats, cheeses, bread, pan au chocolate etc. A breakfast at Cafe Mickey is about 14 euros each but it is REALLY worth the money for one of your mornings you get a buffet and it includes bacon eggs sausages etc but the best part is all the characters coming to your tables to see you sign autograph books and take pictures my son adores it!!
The Easy access pass is really worth getting if you haven't had it before take proof of your childs disabilities to main street and into City hall and they will sort it all out for you and then you go to the exits of the rides or you get a priority pass which you take back to the ride later and then it saves you queuing. Anything else you want to know just ask we go a few times a year and I am now a little bit of an expert lol xx Hope you really enjoy it!
Will I EVER stop having to fight for my son to have what he NEEDS!? Huh

• VIP
Thank you all for your replies just reading them is making me so much more excited!!we're going the wkend of the 7th-10th of October it's a wish being granted for my eldest boy by Make-A-Wish so only have a little idea of what they have organised,i do know the wish granter was providing tickets for Buffalo Bills Wild West show & a tea party with the characters!!we were supposed to be staying at Newport Bay but apparently its' having some work done so the lifts will be out of order,not much gd with my lil boy being in a wheelchair but by the sounds of things the lodge is a good place to stay too!When we went back in 2009 that was at the end of Sept & they had the park in a halloween theme then althou my lil girl was a lil scared of it all but she's abit older this year so hoping she will be ok,fingers crossed!!!ooohhhhh im soooooo excited x
mummy to two special lil boys (7yrs & 18mths) & 1 very grown up 5yr old princess!!
"Children with disabilities are like butterflies with a broken wing. They are just as beautiful as all others, but they need help to spread their wings"