• VIP
I have two sons my eldest is 7yrs old at the age of 2 he had an MRI which showed he had features of pvl he was always very sniff to handle as a baby & even now cannot walk unaidded due to his legs being too stiff.he does wear AFO'S (splints) but due to his gdd down to a genetic disorder he also has,will not keep them on!!he is sooooo determined that he does get around but always on tip toes & only with support from anything he can use to push or hold on too.At the time of the MRI the dr had suspicions that my son had cp & the MRI just confirmed it.
What i'm getting at is my youngest son is 18mths old he had a MRI done bk in May,the report came back saying that he had 'suggested pvl' aswel as a couple of other things that had shown up but everytime i ask the drs whether this means he too has cp they told me its just a case of waiting & seeing how he develops confused.com!!he is very different from his older brother he has more of a loose tone (not floppy thou) started sitting up just after 8mths old & is cruising along the furniture & pushing along everything he can to support him to walk again he has a gdd due to the genetic disorder!!
Everything i've read about PVL always seems to be linked to CP
mummy to two special lil boys (7yrs & 18mths) & 1 very grown up 5yr old princess!!
"Children with disabilities are like butterflies with a broken wing. They are just as beautiful as all others, but they need help to spread their wings"

• VIP
The brain is very capable at repairing or bybassing small areas of damage so a very small amount of damage could mean that yor child will not be affected or suffer very small unnoticeable problems. The brain can repair damage effectively up until the age of 3 which is why many pcts won't diagnose CP before this age. Obviously more severe pvl will almost certainly mean a cerebral palsy diagnosis.

• VIP
thank you for your reply just so frustrating when you cant get any answers like now,lol,its always the case of just having to wait & see although i should pretty much be use to it having my 7yr old too already everything just seems to have changed so much from when he was younger,it's like i'm a first time mum all over again!!
mummy to two special lil boys (7yrs & 18mths) & 1 very grown up 5yr old princess!!
"Children with disabilities are like butterflies with a broken wing. They are just as beautiful as all others, but they need help to spread their wings"