• Registered
HI all, i'm new to this site but it looks great. I'm after some advice as i just got a letter from job centre plus, they have asked me to attend a Work Focused Interview next week. I currently recieve carers allowance and have done for the past 5 years. I get it for looking after my son who was diagnosed with ASD at 2 years old. He has been awarded higher rate care and mobility until 2013. Just want to know how i can be called to this interview and what happens at it. Can i loose any benefits if i refuse work. I also have another son diagnosed with ASD and all my time is taken up caring for them and recovering when i can. Any advise please.

• VIP
You have to attend or your income support will stop. As you are recieveing carers allowence you will not be pushed into returning to work and will not lose your benefits for refusing to do so. It really is just a routine thing that you need to attend 6 monthly.

• VIP
So glad that i dont claim IS anymore i use to dread these stupid interviews every 6mths,would be such a waste of time!!before i was driving so would have to struggle to get to the job centre with my sn son who has cp & cannot walk but also has a rare genetic disorder so has severe gdd just to be in the job centre for about 10mins having to explain to the silly woman that he will never get better if anything worse,everytime they would ask me the same questions will he always be disabled?i wish i would wake up tomorrow & he would be mainstream running around & playing with all the other Children but that just isnt going to happen!!!
They really are routine & never come of anything but you do have to attend
mummy to two special lil boys (7yrs & 18mths) & 1 very grown up 5yr old princess!!
"Children with disabilities are like butterflies with a broken wing. They are just as beautiful as all others, but they need help to spread their wings"

• Registered
(08-21-2011, 09:22 AM)logan_jacob_mummy Wrote: You have to attend or your income support will stop. As you are recieveing carers allowence you will not be pushed into returning to work and will not lose your benefits for refusing to do so. It really is just a routine thing that you need to attend 6 monthly.

May turn out to be a good move as i may ask about retraining as hopefully i'll be returning to work in a year or two. I'm a bricklayer by trade but looking to get into something else like plumbing or sparking. Just at the moment with the way my Children are such high mantainance i couldn't commit to anything full time. Thanks for your reply.

• VIP
good luck with the interview