• Registered
Can anyone help with advice on the otto bock kimba spring? im waiting for wheelchair services to fit my daughter in the one they are providing for her but im ery eager to have any feedback on this product. Also can anyone tell me any measurements of the size as im worried it wont fit in my boot?? thanks if anyone has anything to say! layna (amazing graces mum)

• Administrators
Hi,
I hope this helps
Kimba Spring Technical Specifications

Dimensions and Weights Size 1 Base (Model 3291) Both Size 1 and 2 Size 2 Base (Model 3293)
Minimum Maximum Minimum Maximum
Seat tilt 35° Anterior 35° Posterior 35° Anterior 35° posterior
Inside width between frame 15" (38 cm) 17" (53 cm)
Weight of frame without seat 19.5 lbs (9 kg) 21 lbs (10 kg)
Load capacity of frame 110 lbs (50 kg)
Front wheel diameter 6.5" (17 cm)
9.5" (24 cm)
Full width 25" (64 cm) 27.75" (70 cm)
Dorsi/plantar flexion adjustment 10°
Elevating leg-rest angles 90° - 180°
Ventilator Tray 13" (33 cm) w X 10" (26 cm) d X 2.5" (6 cm) h
Battery Tray 9.5" (24 cm) w X 6.75" (17 cm) d X 7" (18 cm) h
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
hi, thank you for your advise and dimentions, they did help.

TO ANYONE WHO NEEDS ADVICE ON THE KIMBA SPRING -

We love our new buggy for grace,
Heres my advice on it.

- It is very heavy but very easy to push!

- I have an old shape (2000) corsa and it only just fits in my boot. it does go in without the parcel shelf on though. the problem ive found is if i fold it with the seat on im unable to lift it into the boot, id recommend separating the 2 parts to lift into a car if your small like me. (petite build, 5 foot tall)

- We got ours from wheelchair services and it didnt come with a sun hood or raincover. I went to a local baby store and managed to find a universal raincover to fit while i could save up the money to buy the proper hood and raincover for it. so this is possible if you search hard enough.

Hope this advice is going to be good for anyone who has maybe searched on here to find info on the kimba spring.

Amazing graces mum

• VIP
(09-01-2011, 11:45 PM)amazing graces mum Wrote: hi, thank you for your advise and dimentions, they did help.

TO ANYONE WHO NEEDS ADVICE ON THE KIMBA SPRING -

We love our new buggy for grace,
Heres my advice on it.

- It is very heavy but very easy to push!

- I have an old shape (2000) corsa and it only just fits in my boot. it does go in without the parcel shelf on though. the problem ive found is if i fold it with the seat on im unable to lift it into the boot, id recommend separating the 2 parts to lift into a car if your small like me. (petite build, 5 foot tall)

- We got ours from wheelchair services and it didnt come with a sun hood or raincover. I went to a local baby store and managed to find a universal raincover to fit while i could save up the money to buy the proper hood and raincover for it. so this is possible if you search hard enough.

Hope this advice is going to be good for anyone who has maybe searched on here to find info on the kimba spring.

Amazing graces mum

hello hun , sorry i know its late ....but i am so considering this pushchair for my son , wow i must say they look so solid and comfy , we have a golf and the size 1 fits in ok...just worried about how bigger the size 2 will be? have you still got yours? how you finding it?
can you get into most shops with small doorways without running over anyones toes? lol

and it doesnt look too much catchy does it ? meaning can you tell its a special needs one? or just a funky pushchair my son doesnt like people staring at him lol

thankyou hun

ambreen