• VIP
Hi
Does any one know where I can access a list of available buggies and wheelchairs that our wheelchair services offer. Jack had an assessment yesterday for a buggy and we were shown 1 and told that is what we would get. I did not really like it as it did not seem enclosed enough but we had no say in anything. Has any one any advice on who to approach regarding this. We would also have to change our car to fit it in which is not due to happen until Nov 2012.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain .....

• Administrators
Hi , I know wheelchair services can be really funny about what they fund, everythings about cost. If their is a specific buggy/wheelchair your after, have you thought about asking someone like newlife or other charities to fund it?

xx

• VIP
We were offered McLaren buggy, which was no good for Jasmine at all. Luckily our physio came to our appointment and said she knew they could get her r82 buggy, which we finally ended up with. What age is your child? You might be eligible for a motability car? Smile

• VIP
Hi Lucy
we have had previous appointments with Elly for wheelchairs but she is older than Jack and has different needs. During these visits we were offered a choice of chairs, but it was the lack of choice I was shocked at. We was told that all extras such as basket , sun canopy and rain cover have to be bought by us. Then we were told that the basket would be included as Jack is gastrostomy fed. We then asked why then when he is photosensitve to bright sunlight would the sun canopy not be included as well but they just said no. Did use funding from a charity for Ellys power chair but it took a long time and we need a buggy ASAP for Jack. I just wondered what their policy is really on things like do they have to offer choice or extras based on medical need.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain .....

• VIP
Hi
I am just bumping this thread as some of you must have some expiriences to share of wheel chair services, Please any advice would be very welcome

Thanks everyone