• Administrators
yeah you could google it, definetly ask gosh to write you a letter for mobility, just incase you do need to actually appeal. your physio might have the forms for a referal for wheelchair services, if not, if you find them online and phone them they'll send you one out. i think any medical professional can refer but physio is a good one, she actually just wrote on ours that thats what we wanted. the majors hold up to 50kg. the only other thing to note is that they do just simply supply the buggy...no hoods or raincovers etc. but you can sometimes find people on here selling them cheaper (as it can work out expensive new) or ebay too xx

• Established member
(08-08-2011, 06:44 PM)Lucy Wrote: yeah you could google it, definetly ask gosh to write you a letter for mobility, just incase you do need to actually appeal. your physio might have the forms for a referal for wheelchair services, if not, if you find them online and phone them they'll send you one out. i think any medical professional can refer but physio is a good one, she actually just wrote on ours that thats what we wanted. the majors hold up to 50kg. the only other thing to note is that they do just simply supply the buggy...no hoods or raincovers etc. but you can sometimes find people on here selling them cheaper (as it can work out expensive new) or ebay too xx

your physio might have the forms for a referal for wheelchair

thank you i will ask her this week thanks for info , i still dont get why my son was refused mobilty as he dont walk no dintance out side not even with frame , hope the decision maker calls tomorrow it just dont make sence at all

• VIP
Hello, with regards to DLA i would ask why they have come to that decision and appeal striaght away. The rules for claiming DLA High Rate Mobility are that you have to prove your child needs more attention/care than an average child his age. Our son gets mobility purely because he cannot be left unsupervised for any period of time. He stops breathing regularly and needs to be resuscitated, without which he won't restart breathing. We had to prove this limits him, i can't even answer the door unless he's with me. So i would appeal straight away as your son obviously has more needs than an average 3 yr old. Hope this helps xx
Heart Mum to Abigail 8 & Matthew 4. He stops breathing & needs to be resucitated. Has Bulbar Palsy & was born with a hole in his stomach, has mic-key tube fitted. Matt has heart/lung problems and is also tube-fed.

• Established member
(08-08-2011, 08:58 PM)Mel22 Wrote: Hello, with regards to DLA i would ask why they have come to that decision and appeal striaght away. The rules for claiming DLA High Rate Mobility are that you have to prove your child needs more attention/care than an average child his age. Our son gets mobility purely because he cannot be left unsupervised for any period of time. He stops breathing regularly and needs to be resuscitated, without which he won't restart breathing. We had to prove this limits him, i can't even answer the door unless he's with me. So i would appeal straight away as your son obviously has more needs than an average 3 yr old. Hope this helps xx

why they have come to that decision and appeal striaght away , thats what i plan to do , i dont no why they have not given him mobilty at all at mo Sad i have been ring them since friday and am seeing phiso this week as well so will get her to help me , its mad as i no some one with a child who can even walk further than my son but gets hight rate mobilty . also i can not even leave my son in room on his own as he climbs and even tryed to pull my tv luckey i got there in time he has no sence of danger