• Established member
hi am waiting on a call from decision maker mobilty as they did not give him mobilty he has hight rate care , can you plase advice me any key points to stress my son is 3 and has walking frame and can not walk to shops or anywhere with frame just use'e it at home and nursey he has low mausel tone and global delay . and small for his age he has xxyy syndrome and a feeding peg when we are out he is in buggey

mandy

• Administrators
hi, just saww this. did they call today? if they havent called yet i would just ask them firstly why they came to the conclusion to not award mobility. see what they say first and then explain you think they should look again as he clearly is not the same as a 'normal' 3 year old...on the basis he needs a frame to walk at home due to developmental delay and muscle tone and when out he still needs a buggy. do you use a maclaren major at all? we got one from wheel chair services, i think that helped us too xx

• Established member
(08-08-2011, 06:12 PM)Lucy Wrote: hi, just saww this. did they call today? if they havent called yet i would just ask them firstly why they came to the conclusion to not award mobility. see what they say first and then explain you think they should look again as he clearly is not the same as a 'normal' 3 year old...on the basis he needs a frame to walk at home due to developmental delay and muscle tone and when out he still needs a buggy. do you use a maclaren major at all? we got one from wheel chair services, i think that helped us too xx

do you use a maclaren major at all? we got one from wheel chair services, i think that helped us too xx

no they have not called yet and i just use a normal maclren buggey as he is small , but i will need a major one how do i get one do i have to pay for that my self , no he is not the same as a normal 3yr he can not talk only 4 words and use's mackton .

whats wheel chair sevices ?

• Administrators
hiya, no you wont need to pay for a major buggy, like i said, we got our supplied by our local wheelchair services, theyre basically a service that provide wheelchairs to adults and children who need them, we had to fill out a referal form with euans physio who signed it and basically, we were sent alot to a hospital where they were based not too far away, we asked them for a maclaren major for him as he had out grown the normal smaller maclaren and they said theyd get one sent out to us. took about 6 weeks after that but its been great, was getting a nightmare carrying him we couldnt really go anywhere as hed got too heavy xx

• Established member
(08-08-2011, 06:28 PM)Lucy Wrote: hiya, no you wont need to pay for a major buggy, like i said, we got our supplied by our local wheelchair services, theyre basically a service that provide wheelchairs to adults and children who need them, we had to fill out a referal form with euans physio who signed it and basically, we were sent alot to a hospital where they were based not too far away, we asked them for a maclaren major for him as he had out grown the normal smaller maclaren and they said theyd get one sent out to us. took about 6 weeks after that but its been great, was getting a nightmare carrying him we couldnt really go anywhere as hed got too heavy xx

we had to fill out a referal form with euans physio who signed it
am seeing physio next week my son should i ask her about it to get one ? but my son is small . thanks for your replys wheelchair services how do i find my local one ? do i jst goggle it ? sooo angrey about my son not getting mobilty , we are at GOSH next week also so i will ask them to write a letter for me for DLA mobilty , my son is at the of a 15 mts in some thing but 5mts in others , glowbal delay