• Established member
Hi I have just had to renew my sons DLA form and apply for mobilty
my son has xxyy syndrome and has a peg feed at night and day time , he has walking frame and unsteady on his feet could not take him to shops or park with frame . he is in a buggey when we are out .

he is all small for his age that is uncommon for xxyy syndrome

he has high rate care , but they have not awared mobilty . i will be applying against it any advice please

mandy

• Administrators
deffinatly appeal! what evidence/support did you send with your renewal? i would even phone first and speak to the decision maker and ask them why they decided not to award mobility. if you are using a buggy and he also has a walking frame, i would say there is deffinatly a case for mobility!! how old is he? xx

• Established member
(08-07-2011, 07:05 PM)Lucy Wrote: deffinatly appeal! what evidence/support did you send with your renewal? i would even phone first and speak to the decision maker and ask them why they decided not to award mobility. if you are using a buggy and he also has a walking frame, i would say there is deffinatly a case for mobility!! how old is he? xx

thanks lucy he is 3 also has low mausle tone what dont help i sent in loads even edchional psygollage said he was as the age of a 15 mths for walking and unsteddy and he is 3 in sep

• VIP
didn't they say anything about moblity?
def appeal

• VIP
don't want to highjack this post but i'm due to do my son's renewal as he'll be 3 in november. when i got sent out the forms for the renewal there was anything seperate for mobility. a friend of mine who also has a son of the same age (there's 3 weeks difference with mine being the eldest) she said that she'd got a seperate from for mobility. when i phoned to ask they said they'd send one out and i got the same form sent out again. basically what i'm asking is 'is there a seperate form for mobility and if there is what's it called?'