• VIP
Hi,

Quoting from another post.

'It means you as a parent can buy in additional care to help in the need of your disabled child.'

What I need is childcare cover to help look after my daughter whilst I take my son to physio and many other appointments. She's only two so a nightmare at the CDC or hospital. As I'd be claiming for a child under 16, can I use the money to pay a sitter for my daughter whilst at appointments? I ask as she is not disabled, but finding care for her every week is becoming more difficult and I don't want to keep asking friends, this is not fair on her or them. So I'm looking at options. But because she is not the disabled one, then are they likely to say no?

Many Thanks.

Maria

• Administrators
direct payments are for respite care, someone to look after your disabled child whilst you have some time out. they wouldnt pay for your daughter who is not. is their not a nursery she could go to for even 2 days a week or so, then you could book your appointments around that time? xx

• VIP
I thought thats what you would say, but thats OK, I just wanted to check. I don't really need respite as my son is at nursery 4 half days and he sleeps so well that I get evenings to myself.

We can't really afford nursery sessions for her at the mo, she isn't eligable for her sessions for another year. But thats not that long, friends help where they can. Thanks for your reply.

• Administrators
do you have any sure start nurseries or council nurseries near you? sometimes, if you get a referal from a social worker they will take them before 3 for i think its 15/16 hours a week on the basis you have another child with a disability!? might be something to look into xx

• VIP
Now that is something I didn't know and certainly something I will look into thank you.