• VIP
I don't know if this has been put on here before sorry if it has but I just wanted to share this in case anyone hasn't heard.

The Odeon are doing autism friendly screenings of Mr Poppers penguins on Thursday 11th Aug at 11am.

Here is a link for more details.

http://www.dimensions-uk.org/autismfilms/

• Administrators
i read about this!! sounds good, low lighting and freedom to move around/make noise etc. i think its a great idea! is it just the one showing? i thought it was going to be a regular thing...thats the impression i got anyway. Smile are you going to go?xx

• VIP
This is the pilot one and if it's popular then it's going to be a regular event. I might go just to give DS the experience of the cinema.

It sounds such a brilliant idea so I really hope it is a sucess.

• Moderators
it sounds a great idea, i never took matt as knew he couldnt keep still for the length of a film never mind be quiet hope it takes off as a lot of autistic Children like watching films shame its not the new thomas film as i know a lot of Children that are into thomas hehe
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
Why don't you take Matt if you think he'd enjoy it, it says moving about the cinema would be fine. I'm sure there will be lots of others making noise.