• VIP
hiya my ds is now growing out of all his clothes but he wont have new ones how can i get him to wear something new iv tried taking him to the shop to choose etc but nothing works
xxxxx I am the happiest woman alive i have my perfect family xxxxx

• VIP
Hi There

i have a similar problem with my son, i do find though that i say to him ....'so and so wears clothes like this' or 'i really like this one but i dont think you will' this gives hi the opportunity to say what he thinks rather than yes or no.

I never take him shopping when he is hungry or use food as a bribe.... BUT i do say 'if we can choose your new clothes quickly we can go and get lunch'

i only ever take him clothes shopping on his own, never with anyone else from the family and if he needs tshirts and trousers i will only really shop for one or the other at any one time. that way he isnt confused as to what we are looking for.

if he seems more interested in shopping for clothes i might stretch it to purchase both but it is a rare occasion.

the other thing that helps is buying clothing similar to his favorites - same colour, similar patterning etc.

I hope all this helps

Lolx

• VIP
i forgot to say that i dont give him much choice either..... usually i only pick up one or two tshirts at once and never ask him which shirt he prefers out of a handful as he cant make that choice.

• Established member
My daughter would never wear new clothes and she looked ridiculous in T-shirts several sizes too small. I didn't take her shopping with me but tried to buy things similar to the clothes she already had. I would also put them out each day for her, and although she didn't wear them she got used to seeing them around and eventually she would wear some of them. She is 11 now and seems to be growing out of this stage which makes things so much easier.