• Registered
Hello

My name is Avril and I have an eight year old girl who has was diagnosed with Cerebal Palsy around 3/4 years ago.

In the last few months my daughter has broken down in tears between 10 - 15 time a day but because she has no speech it's very hard to ascertain what the matter is. She has a Mobi communication aid but unless programmed there are no specific ways for her to tell me what the matter is and I am now finding myself raising my voice in sheer frustration.

Can anyone offer any suggestions how to deal with her? I don't want to leave the room and getting angry is not going to help - am close to tears sometimes and it can't carry on!

• Registered
my 5yr old little girl cant talk she is profoundly deaf and the implant she has has shown no benifit for her, she doesnt understand sign, but she uses gestures to comunicate with us and we still find are selfs struggling to know what she wants and its sooooo hard, we have tried PECS so maybe this is something you could look at?

have you tried sign language? macaton? as im learning my other hearing children this as it find its far better for my little girl if we all do it, she now understands " sit down sign" and "more" sign.

good luck xxxx

(07-28-2011, 04:03 PM)Avril Wrote: Hello

My name is Avril and I have an eight year old girl who has was diagnosed with Cerebal Palsy around 3/4 years ago.

In the last few months my daughter has broken down in tears between 10 - 15 time a day but because she has no speech it's very hard to ascertain what the matter is. She has a Mobi communication aid but unless programmed there are no specific ways for her to tell me what the matter is and I am now finding myself raising my voice in sheer frustration.

Can anyone offer any suggestions how to deal with her? I don't want to leave the room and getting angry is not going to help - am close to tears sometimes and it can't carry on!