• VIP
I have a disabled son and a hate saying this word but normal little girl. My little girl is fantastic she helps look after her brother and doesn't mind that he takes up a lot of our time. I really appreciate how much she helps him and want to tell the world how special she is. She will be 8 soon and she has had to go through so much in those 8 years. She even learnt sign language so she could communicate with her brother. She slowly started teaching him new words and eventually he started to speak. He loves nothing more than to sit with her and listen to her reading him a story. I think it's sometimes nice to hear about positive things when we all struggle having a disabled child xx
Heart Mum to Abigail 8 & Matthew 4. He stops breathing & needs to be resucitated. Has Bulbar Palsy & was born with a hole in his stomach, has mic-key tube fitted. Matt has heart/lung problems and is also tube-fed.

• VIP
Aw she sounds like a sweetheart.I feel the same about my older 2 ,they are sometimes forgotten about in the middle of a crisis but have never once complained.i think the siblings of special needs children are very special themselves. Smile