• VIP
hi all our 7yr old son has asd and the past few days have been really tough and very stressfull, hes very emotional 2 the point of crying even if we ask him 2 pick up a toy. hes very angry as well ive had chairs thrown at me 2day and shoes all because i asked him not 2 hurt his sister and not 2 get stroppy when i asked him 2 wait 4 somethin. im 27 weeks pregnant with our 3rd baby and this has been a very stressfull pregnancy ive been in and out of hospital and im high risk as well. i know its not his fault but i just wish he would listen 2 me wen i ask him 2 do somethin. i had to go in2 my work 2day 2 sort out my matnerity leave and this may sound harsh but he showed me up big time my manager had 2 tell him off cause he wasnt listenin 2 a word i was sayin. im exhausted and if this is what its going 2 b like 4 the next 6 weeks then im screwed as i cant cope with this behaviour for 6 weeks. i now dont want 2 take the Children out on my own incase he behaves like he did 2day i get enough greif from the other parents at the school wen he kicks off let alone wen im tryin 2 do shoppin. he just doesnt seem 2 grasp the concept of havin 2 wait 4 thins and the word ''NO'' at the moment hes actin like a spoilt child and i cant cope with that. hes my 1st born child and i love him dearly i really do but im struggling 2 cope with all this sorry i just need 2 vent x

• VIP
As a parent of a child with Autism I know how unpredictable some days can be and being pregnant just puts more stress on the situation.

Do you think he's finding it hard due to the change-start of Holidays and not being in school?

During every holidays from school I always make a holiday chart just to show how many days before school starts up again, any holidays, days out etc! I do it like a
calendar (grid) but bigger A2 size. Just an idea that might help and also make him feel safe as the unknown is very scary for them. I hope this helps, let us know how you get on. X
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• VIP
hi thanx 4 ur reply he has a calendar on his bedroom wall that he has written on there hiself what hes doin on which days and he crosses them off at each bedtime. i think it is down to the change of routine and not bein at school i know its not his fault but im findin it really hard at the moment as there is so much other stuff going on in the family that im tryin 2 cope with as well. i just hope the days out hes going 2 have with other autistic children will help him cope with the summer holidays x

• Established member
Know where you are coming from. Here in N Ireland the Children finish school at end of JuNE! They get near 9 weeks hols which is way too long to entertain any child never mind one with special needs. Where now on our 4th week of summer hols but because my son goes to school for children with severe learning difficulties the school run a two week summer scheme for hours a day at £10 which is well worth the money as it breaks the weeks up and then gives me a chance to spend time with two siblings and do some housework!!! as getting very little done during the day when Mals about. Found days out an absolute nightmare. Malachy is over 5 but still in major buggy to get around but have a one year old too so need aother person to push his pram,. Yesterday and today was such lovely weather we decided to invite different friend & family round for pool party & to be honest it was so much easier than trying to take Children out but they had 6 hours of fun in their own garden. The housework can wait till Sept!!! I just hope weather keeps up & Ill be doing more of that as so much easier than going out in public!!