• VIP
Just wondering, if your willing to divulge, how many charitable grants you have received for your child?
I am just begining to realise the price and incredible expence of a disabled child. We have had 3 in the last year. And I am aware my son is rapidly out growing his walking frame, I have no idea what the PCT will and won't fund for us in the future.
The cost is scary and these charities are amazing for what they provide, what experiences have other people had in this area?

• VIP
I've had a few things off the family fund, including driving lessons, holidays, a cooker and a new mattress. I've also accessed the short breaks grant a couple of times, but thats it. I tend to get other stuff I need off ebay, mainly because I'm 'saving' going for the other grants until he's ready for stuff that no one else can provide, I'm thinking of things like an electric wheelchair or a touch screen computer. He isn't capable of using these items yet, although I'm certain he will in the not so distant future.
I think the charities are wonderful, but the sad thing is, unless you need to access them, you aren't aware of how desperately the items they can provide are needed and cherished.
Heart Raising the awareness of encephalitis, one baby step at a time.....Heart

• VIP
I've had a few things of the family fund, i have noticed now that some of the charities need a supporting letter
I've had a few things of the family fund, i have noticed now that some of the charities need a supporting letter

• VIP
Hi, we have also had funding from Family fund to go on holidays-Disney tomorrow!!! We are also going to apply for part funding to help pay for a Tomcat for our little one in the next month or two. I just find the process very daunting, the filling the forms get a supporting letter etc, but when the item your child needs is costing thousands the help of charitable funding is invaluable. X
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart