• Established member
Looks like my autistic daughter is going to miss out on the fun again! We have been invited to Gullivers with friends next week but as they do not make any provision for people who are unable to queue we will not be able to go. It breaks my heart to see her missing out and the bosses of these places need to realise that life is difficult enough for children with disabilities

• VIP
If they were in our situation then they would understand a little more!! Just so unfair that another child with special needs is missing out!!
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• Established member
Things are more difficult because i have another daughter about the same age and she really wants to go. I am constantly trying to balance things so that she doesn't miss out on too much, but at the same time there are things that we just cannot do as a family.

• VIP
It's just so hard to juggle and keep both children happy and try to have a "normal" ish day out with out the help of a exit pass or similar!! My little one with autism would never be able to queue more than 5 mins before the anxiety/meltdown would start, although she is HF the excitement of wanting to get on the ride would be just too much.

Have you spoken in person to the park owners/manager and explained your dilemma?
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• Established member
I have not spoken to the managers but it might be worth a phonecall. Although when I looked at their facebook page it does not look very favourable. My daughter is also HF but there is no way she can wait in a queue. She becomes highly anxious and panics with lots of people around her, she gets really annoyed if people touch her or push. It has not really been an issue until now as i have home educated her for the past 2 years so we were able to go out when everyone else was at school, however she has just gained a place at the local grammar school (I'm so so proud of her) so i don't think we will be going on many days out now as she doesn't like crowds and noise.