• VIP
Yes the other school is a special needs Nursery. Ben went there and is now going up through the school. Only problem is the school is 7 miles away

• VIP
Maybe it's an idea....do you mind them being in the same school? Just a pity that it's a distance from your home. X
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• VIP
If i'm understanding this right, the mainstream nursery are only offering your son 8 hrs, when he's entitled to 15, because of his needs.
Ring them and ask them this out right. If this is the case, walk away!!! My opinion is, if they don't want to work for your son, you can force them, but it won't be the best it can be. They will see you as a difficult parent and you don't need that!

• Administrators
(07-23-2011, 06:55 PM)MariaH Wrote: If i'm understanding this right, the mainstream nursery are only offering your son 8 hrs, when he's entitled to 15, because of his needs.
Ring them and ask them this out right. If this is the case, walk away!!! My opinion is, if they don't want to work for your son, you can force them, but it won't be the best it can be. They will see you as a difficult parent and you don't need that!
Sadly there is a element of truth here that i find to be quite truthful.
But the fighter in me Blush
Says dont be put off and do fight it as other wise they do it to everyone.
But its a case of do you want to be the one to cause the trouble and have the school thing oh here comes the difficult parent just because your trying to get whats right?
If you wanted to fight this i would ask them in writing to justify there reasons under the Equality act 2010.
The effect of the new law is the same as it has been in the past – meaning that schools cannot unlawfully discriminate against pupils because of their sex, race, disability, religion or belief and sexual orientation

Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
Daniel, I do agree that this is totally and utterly wrong and that a fight is what is needed to change things. They certainly need to justify themselves and what they have offered this child. But I am also aware of the struggles we go through everyday with our children. My other fear. Which arose for my for my own son, who quite legally, cannot go to our local school because he has physical disbilities. Is that he would be pushed to one side if I fought it, and not get the best he can get. The attitide of the staff is as important as everything else. Their willingness to supprt you and your child.
wweangelica, this is something only you can decide. We all are on our own journeys and whatever you decide to do about it, keep us posted and we will support you as best we can. Smile

The only legal reason a child can be refused their full time is that if the building is deemed not reasonably adaptable for their needs and was built before a date in the 1920's (unsure of the date) I checked this with Scope at the time.