• VIP
does anyone know anything about it please as its different in girls?
xxxxx I am the happiest woman alive i have my perfect family xxxxx

• Administrators
i have read alot into this as our daughter who will be 9 this october has been seen by camhs andwe have now been told that they are certain she has aspergers. it has taken a long time as at first even our worker didnt recognise it, my daughter masks her problems well, its only after doing work closely with her that her problems have become apparent.

its my understanding that girls mask the symptoms better as they are better at imitating social expectations or some come accross quiet and withdrawn (which is more obvious in boys but can be easily dismissed in girls as just a quiet personality). ive read alot of tony attwoods stuff, he has focused alot on the differences in girls, its often believed, aspergers in particular, is a boy problem but he has said he believes its more thst girls just arent being diagnosed.

my camhs worker gave me a great book to read called aspergers in pink, although the school system it explains is very different as its american, the girl in the book had a lot of similarities to my daughter - some differences too, like some extreme sensory processing problems but i found lot of her maanerisms similar to my daughter, it was an interesting book to rea i would recomend it!! what problems does your daughter have?

xx

• VIP
Hi Lucy, dd is very bright and she has been under camhs before when she was 3 they thought she had adhd but now problems have just continued she does get anxoius and over reacts over most things she lies a lot and hurts her self and me if she frustrated in a way she has some routine and is very perticlar on the way i say good night and give her a kiss she is now back under camhs but as ds's problems it may be linked x

• Administrators
That's exactly like emily, she is really clever, her report says tho that she gets easily distracted or doesn't get the instructions of things instantly and asks lots of questions. She was initially given a diagnosis of adhd but after observing her in school at a lunch time our camhs worker said the social exclusion was quite openly obvious but she couldn't work out why as emily is quite forth coming socially, she's not shy. Basically, talking through some of our issues we have its become obvious where her way of thinking is different and her understanding of certain social queues isn't very good. She corrects people often but doesn't understand how someone perceives that as rude and she can't remember any instructions like get a pair of socks, shell come back with a drink or somethin, it just all gets muddled up I could go on n on lol x

• VIP
that sounds a lot like my dd... and her school report has just come back and said the same! altho she has been hitting her targets with adult help i have a meeting today with camhs and the teachers at school dd often gets in peoples faces to tell them and i have noticed the she will say things out of context and she has no fear what so ever, Do you think i could request a genetic test for my children from the docs to see if it is genetic x