• VIP
Hello,

I have had a few posts in here about my son aged 9 , who now has been diagnosed with ADHD
AND being on the Autistic Spectrum so through his forum and other sources I now have more info and I am managing Him now.

My query is about my 3 year old daughter who is well advance befoe she even goes to nursery this September but she shakes her head wildly when she getting excited ( like a heavy rock concert lol) also she has glasses and whenever I tell her off she is banging her head of the floor or couch or table with her glasses on! I am trying to ignore her quest for attention so she realizes it hurts and she will stop doing it. But also wondering whether she is going to be like her brother ( ADHD AND APERGERS) So wondering if anybody has had this problem and is it quite a normal thing for 3 years old ( girls) to do for attension seeking or should I be thinking about seeing a Doctor??

Any Reply's Always Appreciated thanks

Castopher

• VIP
Hi oh i'm not sure . I know Children do things for attention but every child is different , my daughter would hold her breathe and like you I just ignored her and finally she stopped . Is she like this anywhere else or just at home ? Have you spoke to the health visitor maybe they could put your mind at rest x
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
Just at home she does it but I am worried that she may do it when she starts nursery this September

• VIP
If its only you she is doing it on , sounds like it is attention she is doing it for . I'm sure the nursery has dealt with things like that before as well . Talk to your health visitor and see what they think the best advice to help you out . Think my daughter did it for few months and then found something else to amuse her self with. Hope you get something sorted out and it turns out just her playing up x
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012