• VIP
Connie, yeh I ring them every two days haha I AM not being told to wait two weeks I bug them constantly as far as I can tell the professionals have given them everything they have asked for and more so goodness knows what exactly they are "waiting for I fully intend to drag them to the tribunal if necessary I honestly wouldn't mind if he could walk a little but outdoors he is not mobil even the slightest and so I am not giving up. I do feel there is a slight prejudice against mentally disabled children as apposed to physically disabled ones I have even had people from the dla tell me that as he has functioning legs they will do nothing for him I gave them what for and asked for their manager but I shouldn't have to face this kind of view and neither should my son.
Will I EVER stop having to fight for my son to have what he NEEDS!? Huh

• VIP
(08-30-2011, 03:43 PM)lubynoo Wrote: Connie, yeh I ring them every two days haha I AM not being told to wait two weeks I bug them constantly as far as I can tell the professionals have given them everything they have asked for and more so goodness knows what exactly they are "waiting for I fully intend to drag them to the tribunal if necessary I honestly wouldn't mind if he could walk a little but outdoors he is not mobil even the slightest and so I am not giving up. I do feel there is a slight prejudice against mentally disabled children as apposed to physically disabled ones I have even had people from the dla tell me that as he has functioning legs they will do nothing for him I gave them what for and asked for their manager but I shouldn't have to face this kind of view and neither should my son.

I do understand where you are coming from- I had a HUGE argument in the middle of the services at the start of the holidays!!! I took my little girl to the disabled toilet and as we came out this woman in her 40s came up to me and said how dare I use a disabled toilet when I'm not disabled to which I replied that my little girl has Autism and chronic disease and is unable to use the norm toilets as of the dryer going off and being very sound sensitive. She then said that she didn't look disabled and I should try and teach her better. I did get angry and told her straight, I know I should ignore it's just when they're saying it about your child!
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• VIP
I completely understand where you are coming from and if I am honest I NEVER manage to hold my tongue it really upsets me!!

I saw on the news last night about a little Autistic boy being told to leave a theatre because he was excited and so was making noises I appreciate that other people want to hear but they said he was in his own box so I do not see how he can have been disturbing people that much. All the time society inflicts these restrictions disabled children and adults will always be outcasts and expected to hide away so their disability doesn't affect other people and it REALLY upsets me. The classic one is "doesn't look disabled" as if all disabled people look the same!!
Will I EVER stop having to fight for my son to have what he NEEDS!? Huh

• VIP
(08-31-2011, 01:23 PM)lubynoo Wrote: I completely understand where you are coming from and if I am honest I NEVER manage to hold my tongue it really upsets me!!

I saw on the news last night about a little Autistic boy being told to leave a theatre because he was excited and so was making noises I appreciate that other people want to hear but they said he was in his own box so I do not see how he can have been disturbing people that much. All the time society inflicts these restrictions disabled children and adults will always be outcasts and expected to hide away so their disability doesn't affect other people and it REALLY upsets me. The classic one is "doesn't look disabled" as if all disabled people look the same!!

You said it, so unfair on that little boy.
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart