• Established member
Has anyone any experience of Blackpool pleasure beach? It is my daughters birthday so we are planning to go on Monday but i think my other daughter will find this difficult as she has aspergers. I have just phoned them for some information and was told that if she is unable to queue we will have to buy speedy passes - this makes it really expensive. My other daughter wanted to eat in a restaurant as it is her birthday but we are not allowed to take a sandwich in for my disabled daughter. I was told that i could leave her sandwich at the gate and when she wants to eat she has to leave the fair, eat it outside and then come back in again - i have never heard of anything like it! I am now starting to dread what should be an enjoyable day out but it would be unfair on my other daughter to change her birthday plans.

• VIP
hi i love blackpool, but hearing what you have said about not taking a sandwich in is disgusting , i would ring back and speak to a manager about it and while you are on the phone see if they would give you a speedy pass . i do hope you manage to have a nice day and get it all sorted out. and happy birthday to your daughter too.

• Administrators
Must say that there policies are outdated and wrong have you seen the disabled guide they produce:
http://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/downloads/Disabledguide2009.pdf
Worth a read and couldnt believe the amount of rides people in wheelchairs cannot use.
Also the fact they expect carers to join the Q for those who cannot Q and wait in line for them..... Sad

AND I THINK THE OMG moment was the following article:
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/local/free_pleasure_beach_entry_for_carers_and_disabled_1_433600

Which i pick out the following:
Bosses now say disabled people and their carers will be allowed free entry, providing they do not go on any rides.

But at least if a carer does go and dont want to go on the ride a free carer is allowed in but in all honesty most children will need there parents with them so again its not good enough....

I think Blackpool pleasure beach is due one of our disabled access reviews Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
OMG thats disgusting, how can a carer leave there child to queue up to get on a ride, are they daft or something, companies like this really get on my nerves.
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux

• VIP
I Will not be visiting any time soon!!!!!! Just awful.
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart