• Moderators
i have been to matts college today to view this ipod touch that they have had on loan for matt.

it is basically an ipod touch with pictures like they have in pecs but after you have made your sentence you click speak and it says the sentence, you can also type words in as when asked where matt would like to go he typed "pub" lol you can have lots of catagories and sub catagories like there is one that is just basic speech like hello, thank you, please, then you go onto "i would like" "i want" and then go to a different catagory and choose coke, water or whatever. matt went into a pub with college on monday and went to the barman looked him directly in the face after he had got his words sorted and pressed speak he asked for a diet coke and crisps. the fact he worked out he needed to look at the barman surprised me as he doesnt normally notice ppl there lol matt repeats what the ipod says to him as well and it makes ppl communicate with him more as they understand what he is saying

they arent cheap as ipods are about £150 with the speaker case which is £40 at amazon (not that i can find it lol) then the software which is £109 but you can add your own stuff to the software like family members and his favorite foods or expressions. i have been told i might be able to get some funding from speech and language unit but the college is going to look into that as i was ok with paying for the ipod from his ema but got a bit of a shock when the cost doubled lol.

this might not be suitable for some on here but i wish they had designed these years ago as matt wouldnt use pecs as he computer geek Blush they said this software has only been available since last month with the speech button as matt was using one similar at school but just the pictures but with the speech he can hear how words sound (just need to change the accent to english i dont want him to get an american accent lol)
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Banned
hey thats sounds great corinne my daniel would benefit from that, see if you find it would u like to send us a photo of it.

• Moderators
(01-21-2010, 06:51 PM)Karen Wrote: hey thats sounds great corinne my daniel would benefit from that, see if you find it would u like to send us a photo of it.

its only the speaker case i cant find its just a zip case with speaker underneath and the ipod sits in the top part with a clear cover which protects it but also this makes it quite heavy so i was looking at portable speakers i could perhaps stitch into his coat/jumper if we out it just means there is a cord to contend with rather than just one item i dont know where she borrowed it from as the conference call went haywire as it was skype and she kept cutting out so missed half of conversation

the software was called pogo something, i knew i should have written it down its similar to the pecs but on an ipod and it speaks back to you
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Banned
corinne its called iconverse you can see it here : http://www.converseap.com this is great

• VIP
Is it similar to a spring board, i think thats what they are called, my husband uses this with a child he looks after at work and it sounds very similar to the ipod ur describing
x