• VIP
Hi i learnt to drive through BSm, but i paid for my lessons privatley as we both work. I had a pleasent experience with them and passed on my second test. All in all i spent 84 days start to finish to learn and pass my test. I wonder if these instructors are rude bacause of them being 'free' lessons? Well they aren't 'free' they are being paid for but the family fund. They are still getting the money to teach the person to drive!. All people learning to drive, whether being funded by themselves or by a charity deserve the same respect regardless of how they have paid for the lessons.
Hi i learnt to drive through BSm, but i paid for my lessons privatley as we both work. I had a pleasent experience with them and passed on my second test. All in all i spent 84 days start to finish to learn and pass my test. I wonder if these instructors are rude bacause of them being 'free' lessons? Well they aren't 'free' they are being paid for but the family fund. They are still getting the money to teach the person to drive!. All people learning to drive, whether being funded by themselves or by a charity deserve the same respect regardless of how they have paid for the lessons.

• VIP
I am so glad that i'm paying privatly for my lessons.

• Administrators
BSM have today resolved Lucys issues and admitted her driving instructor had claimed for hours that they were not entitled to claim and offer her the full amount of hours back Smile
With those that have emailed me i will be passing your details onto family fund as well and hopefully they will be able to help you.

I think they may have got a little worried that if you now go to google and type in
BSM family fund this website takes up 4 search slots on the first page of google:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sclient=psy&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=sensory+lights&aq=f&aqi=g3g-v5g-j1g-m1&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&biw=1600&bih=797&cad=cbv#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=bsm+family+fund&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=cf28627f31b4e2d3&biw=1600&bih=797

The one thing im very proud of in regards to this site is the power of presence we are gaining and companies and organisations are really taking notice and resolving issues.
We even got Haven to back down for a member Big Grin
We have increased peoples nappy allowances Big Grin
We have personally intervened to get peoples free bus passes issued Big Grin
And many more Smile

Its the members voices here that are being heard and its making a diffrence and thats something all members can be proud of Smile

Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
The Family Fund works closely with grant providers to ensure the best possible service is delivered to families. We are aware of the difficulties experienced by a small number of families who have been awarded driving lessons and this information has informed our ongoing discussion with Acromas, the new parent company of BSM and the AA Driving School.

The Fund would ask that any family who has a concern relating to their driving lesson grant, writes specifically to the Family Fund as we are unable to respond to specific questions via Facebook or this forum.

Best wishes,
Family Fund

• Registered
hi i had the driving lesson package off family fund and had to do it with bsm my experience was not good as after completing all the lessons i still cant drive and even my theory has ran out now as it turned out my instructor was a trainee and when i rang bsm to ask about this they said that their trainees were as good if not better than their qualified instructors !! in my experience i was treated different because it was grant funded lessons lisa