• Registered
Hi, just after a bit of advice, is there any special criteria that your child must meet to claim free nappies, my son is 6 and can control his bladder but due to chronic constipation and ? autistic features he has to wear nappies for anything else. He too is on a high dose of movicol and senna and sometimes more and on bad days can go through 6+ nappies a day which is very costly, nobody has ever mentioned free nappies to me and I just wondered if I would be able to get some, thanks

• Moderators
hi loub
i would contact your health visitor or if you dont have one you might be able to contact the local continence service directly. As far as i know as he is over the age that children are normally toilet trained he should qualify i know i had nappies till matt was toilet trained at 8 and it was only his autism that was causing it and hopefully things have got better rather than worse as they used to only give max of 4 a day but sometimes you can get more. there is a thread called birmingham continence services or something like that on here that should give you more information
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
Hi everyone Smile
From what age can you get free nappies? Jasmine's only tiddly yet, she'll be 4 in a month but would be nice to know where I can start looking into it Smile
Thanks Wink X

• Registered
Thanks corinne I will chase that up, it would make a great difference as I am sure everyone knows that nappies arent cheap. I keep getting told by Drs and teachers to use pull up pants rather than nappies but they are so much dearer, and a packet doesnt last very long. Thanks again.

• VIP
I got free nappies for my girls from the age of three from the health visitor and school nurse, I do know the ages change depending on were you live though, which i don't think is right but that's the NHS/government for you.
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux