• Registered
(07-01-2011, 12:45 PM)meagain Wrote: opps lol lap top has world of its own . When I was getting these sorted out I was told I could have pampers or huggie pull-ups thats all . I've heard of Libero before . Think i'll ring and find out about them . I just know that the pampers baby dry arent going to work .

I will try the Asda nappies as well . xx

I think you are lucky you get such good brands of nappy offered, where we live we get given a make called bebe cash and they are awful. have told the nurse but they cannot offer anthing else so I have to buy huggies !

• VIP
I used the libro on my little boy but he has outgrown them and is now in the tena ones and they are horrible. They are a plastic type

• Established member
Hi, Sorry to slightly hi jack but how do you go about claiming free nappies for your child?
my son has a bowel issue which means he has to wear nappies he is on movicol and i have been told it could take a long time to reverse he is 7 almost 8 and the cost of nappies are not cheap as i have to buy large sizes and they come in smaller packs. thank you x

• Administrators
you need to speak to your health visitor or nurse and get them to fill out a form for them and then send it off to the local continence service. our son has abena abri-form which are fantastic!! he had the plastic ones at first but they caused an allergy rash so they switched them to a type without the plastic, just like your average nappy covering and he's been absolutely fine in them since. they hold up to 2litres of fluid which means sooooo much less changing as jis kidneys dont work properly he wees all day and night in massive amounts.

how old is your son?

xx

• Established member
hi, my son will be 8 in september, he can control his bladder but not his bowels he has frequently dirty nappies. will have contact school nurse and see what i can do i have never spoke to school nurse before. x he was toilet trained up to 2 yrs ago, but after about of constapation he hasnt been able to control his bowels since and due to him being (undiagnosed but predicted to be) aspergers they say the stress exagerates his condition so he will have weeks he can be clean then the next week he will be dirty 3/4 times a day. any help is much appreciated as i am treading through a mine field of unknowns. xx thanks